30. Yes

Loki bends down on the ground in front of my mother. I try to fight through people to be able to reach her. I have never seen her cry nor bow down for someone before, except me. It's painful to watch her like this.

She is speaking to Erika, but I can't make out what she is saying. A few moments later I reach my mother's throne, and the last words I heard Loki say was asking Erika for my hand in marriage.

I stare at Loki in shock, but I can feel the warmth in my heart. We have never talked about it, at least Loki hasn't mentioned it. I would love to marry her. She is my rock, and I know I am hers. We keep each other alive.

Erika looks at Loki with a cold and an empty face. This whole place is so quiet you could hear a pin fall. Everyone's attention is at Loki and my mother, waiting for her to respond.

"No." Is the only word that slips out of my mother's mouth, before she turns a cold shoulder to Loki and steps away. I watch everyone else walking out of the arena in silence. Then I find my way over to Loki as she is still on her knees. She is staring at the ground in anguish.

"Loki," I call out her name carefully, waiting on her to say anything, but she is still frozen to the wet, muddy ground. I bend down to her, looking right into her eyes. They are so empty and so cold, like a winter night.

"Loki," I say one more time and this time she gets up to her feet and moves past me. I shout out her name, but she keeps on going. So I run after her to grab hold of her arm to stop her. I rest my hands on her collarbones to keep her standing in front of me.

"I need you, I need you more than I have ever needed you before," I tell her and this time I make her lock eyes with me.

"I want my Loki back," I cry and then wrap my arms around her for comfort. Just a moment later, she lay her arms around me, holding me so strong against her that I can feel her heartbeat.

"I know." She whispers, and I move back from her looking up to the dark skies after I felt a drop of rain fall on top of my head. I move my hand up to her cheek, and she leans into it.

"I remember," I start and breath in deeply.

"As a child, my father told me," Loki stares at me patiently.

"That the strongest people always fall the hardest, I always thought I understood what he meant, but it wasn't until after I met you, I realized what his words actually meant," I say, she seems confused, and the rain really starts to hit down now.

"We need to go back." I feel Loki take my hand in hers and pull me after her.

We hurry through the rain on our way back to our place. It's so much water on the ground that it's flooded, the road that once was is now just mud. We run through the market, small buildings and houses on our sides.

I almost stumbled into my own feet as Loki changed direction, guiding me through the heavy rain towards a house onto the porch to hide underneath the roof.

She pulls my hand forward and pushes me back into the wall, pinning my hands against the wood. I can't hide the smile that creeps onto my face because of her gesture. Loki stars right at me with her green. Her eyes are full of desire and warmth now, just like they used to be.

I feel her move closer towards me, her lips so close they are almost touching mine. Her hair is so wet that it drips down onto her face. If I could, I would take it away, but she is still holding onto my wrists against the wall.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever encountered," She says over the sound of the rain. Her words make my heart beat higher of embarrassment as I feel my cheeks turn up a degree.

"Everything I have ever fought for was all in vain, but for you, I would fight until nothing of my heart remains." She says, her lips barely touching mine. What she just said left me almost speechless.

"Yes." Slips out of my mouth. Loki stares at me in confusion.

"What?" She questions me.

"Yes, I would love to marry you," I say to her, and she chuckles of amusement, with a bright smile on her face.

"I like how you ask my mother before me, though." I laugh, and she rolls her eyes off me, but then shut me up with her lips on mine. She moves them smoothly on mine, full of desire and lust. She tastes just like the rainwater, but also a hint of sweetness.

She lets go of my hands, her lips still attached to mine as I lay my arms over her shoulders, trying to pull her closer to me. Even though I know, I can't make her much closer than she already is.

She moves her hands from my waist and down behind my thighs. Before I know it, she lifts me up, holding me against the wall. I smile away from her lips, staring down at the woman who stole my heart. Not just once, but twice now. She keeps surprising me with the strength of love she has for me.

I lay my cold, wet hands on Loki's cheeks, looking into her gorgeous eyes. We have been through, blood, death, and tears, but still, I know, I know that I can count on her being there, being here with me.

If it was anyone else they would have left by now, but she keeps fighting a war between my mother and even though she knows it's a war she can't win, she still here. She keeps fighting, fighting to the point she gets down on her knees and begs to the nemesis.

"I'm proud of you," I tell her stroking her cheeks, and a smile comes upon her face. I pull her face towards me, longing for those lips as I have never done before.