51. What is on your mind?

We concluded that we are going back to eliminate Tyr. It was the best option on the table, and like Loki said, running and hiding away, hoping that Tyr won't find us, is just too much of a risk. 

But there are a few issues that we might face. They will most likely outnumber us; we have no information or confirmation if Tyr has an army or not. Terry could only gather eighty men and women in such a short amount of time. 

The negative part is these people are not used to the terrain nor the condition we are going to face. We do not have time to create a strategy; it's like going on a journey but with no destination. Our advantage is that we have advanced weapons and armor protection.

We are only minutes away from the battle, and the silence in the back of the truck says it all. Kelby's knee has been shaking for almost the whole trip and has been seeking comfort by holding onto Arkyn's hand. 

Jacob has been sitting like a rock in his seat, looking straight forward with his arms crossed over his chest. 

Einar and his son Ivar have both been quiet, not spoken one word. Ivar has been looking out one of the small windows in the truck.

Loki's shoulder touches mine every time Chris hits a bump. She hasn't stopped twisting her wedding ring that is planted on her finger. Her eyes fixated on it the entire time. I grab her hands into mine, and a relieved smile appears on her face as she looks at me.

"What is on your mind?" I wonder as I rest my head onto her shoulder. 

"Just worried," She breathes; I lean backward to watch her.

"What are you worried about?" I ask, and she raises her eyebrows as she gazes around. 

"We don't know what we are going into," She shrugs as she rubs the back of her head.

"And I don't want anything to happen to you," Loki says, and a tiny smile creeps onto my lips. 

"I will be careful," I bump her shoulder with mine as I chuckle. 

"So should you," I say, leaning my forehead on hers, closing my eyes while taking a deep breath. 

"I will," She whispers and feels lips on my forehead. 

"Do you think you will be okay with fighting Tyr?" I wonder, raising my eyebrows, my question made her release a big breath, narrowing her eyes. 

"He is my uncle, after all," She shrugs.

"But I never had a connection with him; he was mostly on his own," She says, seeming not bothered about it.

"I have done worse than this, and I believe I have been through so much by now that some things become easier over time,"  Loki tells me, and I have to agree. She has been through a lot, dealing with her father, losing Karin, being the leader of a tribe who desired everything they could lay their hands on. 

And now, the past few months, believing she lost me for good, being tortured, a and swordfight with Ivar.

"Well," Loki smiles.

"We can't forget about the good parts," She says, holding onto my hand.

"You saved Atla's life, we are both alive, our friends are alive, and I think I managed to do the most unbelievable thing ever," Loki shrugs, with a tiny smile. 

"What?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"Making your mother accept me as your wife," She chuckles, and I burst out laughing.

"Yes, I believe you made a miracle there," I dry the tears in my eyes at this point now.  

"But I wouldn't have wanted anyone else," I grin, leaning to plant a kiss onto her cheek. 

"Well, I do believe you could have found someone more emotionally stable than me," She jokes.

"Hey," I say, bumping into her shoulder. 

"Where would the fun be in that?" I chuckled

 "But really, I wouldn't want anything but this with you," I smile.