24. Listen to you for once?

It's been a couple of days now since I found Loki and patched her back together. She has been stuck in bed, literally. I had to get a rope to attach her to the bed so she wouldn't leave. Loki is very restless and making her lie in bed for a few days is a nightmare for her.

She kept trying to get out of bed, but I refused, and she even tried to cut the rope. I couldn't have her walking around to open stitches or make herself worse after everything she went through.

While she has been in bed, Atla and I have kept her company. As much as Loki is hiding the fact that she doesn't like her, I can see that she does.

She is only pretending to. I caught her the other day, smiling while playing with the little girl. I was staring through the crack of the door. Sometimes Loki is too stubborn for her good. She likes Atla, but won't admit it. It's annoying, but it's better than nothing.

Today the doctor came back and told us that she could go outside if she wanted to. But her legs are not ready. All the standing up she did while being in chains has made it hard for her to be on her feet on her own.

Livana brought churches, which is going to help Loki to stand up again. She said it might take a few days. But she will be okay.

Loki is sitting on the bedside, while Livana is helping her back on her feet. She grabs the crouches with her hands and steps up smoothly.

"I'm good," Loki tells Livana, who clear the way for her to walk forward. She is unsteady, but seem like she can manage to walk on her own.

"I don't understand you at all," Livana says, looking at Loki amazed.

"What are you made of?" She questions.

"Pain." Is the only thing Loki says as she finds her way out. Livana watches me confused, but I only give a sorry smile before I take Atla in my arms and follow the love of my life.

"Are you okay? I ask Loki, and she just nods as she opens the door and sunlight hits our eyes.

"Where are you going?" I question as I walk after her down the path to the market.

"We are leaving." She says, which is not surprising to me, after what she just have gone through.

"Loki," I sigh, moving in front of her to make her stop.

"We can't, not now that you can bearly walk," I say, but I know it's a shot in the dark.

"I don't care." She tells me and stumbles past me. I roll my eyes and just follow her with Atla in my arms. She seems to enjoy the sun, but it's hot.

When we reached the market, Loki was exhausted, and sweat was draining down her face. She is forcing too much upon herself. I don't like it. It's too much for her body to handle. Even she has to admit defeat when she has to, but I know Loki well too much.

"Loki, let's just go back and rest," I say.

"No," She breathes loudly.

"I just need to sit down for a bit." She says finding a rock to put herself down on.

"Loki, I love you, but please listen to me for once," I beg, and her eyes go dark.

"Listen to you for once? " She growls.

"I listened to you, and I let you have Atla and what happened?" Loki shouts upset. I look down at the ground avoiding her eyes. As I said, they don't look the same after I got her back. She is broken and crushed.

"I'm sorry." She breaths, apologizing for her hurtful words, but they already stung.

"I am just going to let you be alone," I say, bringing Atla with me somewhere away from Loki. She has changed, but I don't blame her. Loki has been through a lot, and it's not her fault. It's mine.

I walk down the pathway, just looking around while being lost in my thoughts.