43. You like the science girl

It's been a few days now since Loki came back being shot. She hasn't woken up yet, but she needs the rest, and she will be okay. That is what is important; she will be fine. 

I have barely left her side, can't seem to make myself leave her, but today I had to. Kelby made me go and take a shower and change clothes. She gave me some new ones that she owns, and they fit nicely. Loki wouldn't be so happy seeing me wearing their type of clothes. 

She doesn't seem to like them, but I find them comfortable. Loki is cute that way. She likes the technology and all that, but the clothes are not acceptable. Maybe because it takes away the one thing she has from back home. 

I got a dark blue thin shirt and some nice dark green cargo pants. It's nice to wear a thin shirt in this heat; it's so different from the south where we come from. At least for Terry and them, we are from the south. 

A knock on the door wakes me up from my thoughts; I stand up from the bed and reach for the door handle.

"Jacob." I smile.

"Hi, how are you?" He seems worried.

"I am okay," I answer and let him inside the room.

"Are you sure, Kelby thought you used to long to get ready?" He says as he leans on the wall. 

"Yeah, just took a long shower to gather my thoughts," I tell him, and he nods as he looks around the room. 

"I'm going to Loki again," I say.

"Okay, I'll follow there." He smiles as we both get out of the room, heading to the elevator.

"So, how are you doing?" I question, realizing I haven't had time to talk to him since I came here. I know nothing about him since I left. It's quite rude of me not to spend time with him. We have so much history together and went through the same things. 

"I am doing good," He smiles, and doors open. We step in, and I push the number one button. 

"Arkyn and Kelby have taught me who to shot because, as you know, I am terrible at it." We both laugh at his words, I remember when we took down Axel that he was shooting at the car, but he failed miserably. 

"I do a lot of assignments with Kelby and Arkyn. It has been a little busy the past few years, trying to maintain the peace here." He tells me, and I nod to his words as the doors open again. 

"Do you enjoy it?" I wonder as we walk down the hallway.

"Yeah, I do." He grins, but it fades as he sees Diana walking towards us. She is so busy going through her papers as she is walking, she hasn't even noticed us yet. I watch Jacob weirdly as he brushes his shirt and stands up straight. 

"Oh, hi." She smiles as she sees us now, stopping in her tracks.

"I'm sorry about Loki," Diana says sadly, her face soften with compassion. 

"She is going to be fine," I smile lightly. 

"That's good; I still need to talk to you both," She tells me, and I nod. 

"Okay, I see you when you two are ready," Diana leaves us, and I raise my eyebrow as I look at Jacob.

"What?" He questions.

"You like the science girl," I mock him; his cheeks turn so red.

"No, I don't, and let's go." He says, trying to avoid our conversation, and starts walking away from me. 

"Yes, you do," I tell him, but he shakes his head. 

"I don't," He sighs in annoyance as I reach for the door handle to Loki's room.

"Sure," I chuckle and open the door as he rolled his eyes at me. 

"Loki," I smile as I see that she is awake. One of the doctors is talking to her, but she smiled when she looked at me. 

"Hey," She says as I rush towards her. 

"How are you feeling?" I question as I take her hand in mine. 

"Tired and in a lot of pain, but the doctor gave me something so," Loki tells me, crinkling her nose. She probably doesn't agree with all the painkillers and medicine she is getting—such a Loki thing. 

"I will be okay," She reassures me, squeezing my hand.  I watch the doctor and Jacob leave the room to give us some time alone.

"You told me everything was going to be okay," I say sounded angrier than I meant to do.  

"I know, and I am sorry, things went sideways, Arkyn got exposed, and I was the only one there to help him," She explains, but I can't stop being mad about it. I could have lost her just like that. 

"I swear, this is the last time," She looks deeply into my eyes, and I can tell by those green that she means it.

"Okay," I smile to her and lean into those lips I have missed for these few days.