46. She is a weird one that one

Loki is currently not happy with me; I tried to convince her to stay. She is still not in her best shape yet; she can't walk properly and barely lift. Of course, like always, she won't listen to me. 

A knock on the door takes me out of my thoughts; I get out of bed and rush over to the door. 

"Hi," Diana smiles, and I look down at her arm where she has some clothes.

"These are for you," She smiles and reaches them out to me.  I hesitate but take them anyway. 

"Loki doesn't really like the clothes here," I say as I see it's two pairs.

"I know, but these will keep you warm, and they will camouflage you," She smiles happily.

"Diana, I am sorry to bum you, but it's winter in the west now," I tell her, trying not to sound bad about it.

"Oh, well, that is okay; I also have them in white; just give me a moment," She says and rushes away down the hallway. I shake my head with a chuckle at how funny she can be. 

"Who was it?" Loki asks, coming out of the bathroom.

"It was Diana, she has some clothes for us," I smile, but Loki just rolls her eyes.

"You know I don't like their clothes," She sighs as she sits down on the bed. 

"I know, but after what happened last time you went out, you have but no choice but to listen to what I tell you," I tell her strictly.

"Fine," She mutters. 

"You shouldn't even be going in the first place," I say, annoyed. 

"I can't sit here and do nothing," Loki says, and I clench my jaw in irritation. 

"You mean like I had to last time," I tell her, and she just remains quiet. A new knock on the door interrupted us. 

"Hi, again," Diana says after I opened the door for her. 

"I got the right color this time," She smiles happily, and I noticed she gazed at Loki.

"Is she feeling okay?" Diana asks worriedly.

"Yeah, she is," I smile. 

"Well, okay here," She gives me the clothes.

"I see you in ten," She grins and rushes back down the hallway. I close the door behind me and throw Loki, her pants and jacket, to her.

"She is a weird one, that one," Loki says, raising her eyebrow. 

"Don't be mean," I mutter through gritted teeth. 

"I am not mean; I am just saying. Besides, she has been amazing with Atla and everything," Loki says as we both start getting into our pants.

"I am not wearing this," She groans about the jacket.

"It's thick, and it's burning hot outside," Loki complains. 

"Loki," I chuckle.

"You don't have to wear them now; just check if they fit you," I try to hide my laugh, but obviously not good enough. Loki watches me, annoyed.

"I love you," I smile at her; she shakes her head with a smile as we keep on trying our new clothes for the winter. 

Twenty- minutes later, we are all standing in the garage; Jacob and Diana are carrying in the systems she needs for the ride. Kelby and Arkyn are making sure we have all the equipment like guns, ammunition, food, and every other item we need. 

"We are ready to go!" The driver says, his name is Chris he has been looking at the motor and checked if everything is working as it should be. He is a tall man, mid-thirties, who has a tattoo on the side of his cheek, which makes him look a bit intimidating. 

"So are we!" Everyone else says. I watch Arkyn and Kelby say goodbye, he seems worried, but we all know Kelby can manage very well independently. 

"Are you ready?" Loki asks me as everyone else is getting inside of the back of the big metal truck. It's supposed to be bulletproof and can take a lot of damage. 

"Yeah, I am," I smile as I take her hand in mine as we step inside. It got a lot of space on the inside. Diana's computers are all up and set. Metal boxes are stacked with food and water. There is plenty of seating for us to sit down. 

"Okay, everybody," Chris is in the front seat, talking in some kind of radio to all of us.

"Take a seat; it's going to be a bumpy ride."