49. We are not giving her to you

I rush forward, ready to strike down Tyr. A man that is almost a meter taller than me and ten times stronger. Loki grabs my arm before I could even touch him. The smile on his face makes me want to hurt him even more. 

Loki pulls me back towards the others and looks me deeply in the eyes, wanting me to calm down. I take a breath with my eyes closed for a second before I open them again.

She turns around to Tyr while I stand next to Diana and Jacob, holding onto my arm. 

"I'm fine," I whisper to him.

"I know, but still," He whispers back, and I roll my eyes in annoyance. 

"You can't have her," Loki says, her voice firmer than it usually is, as if she is making a statement. Tyr's face hardened.

"I am not asking," He says, standing up straight to make himself bigger. 

"We are not giving her to you." Loki stands her ground.

"Then I'll take her," He smiles in a twisted manner. 

"How are you going to do that with this little village," Ivar chuckles, but Tyr looks at him foolishly.  

"I have my ways," He smiles at Ivar but gazes back down at Loki. 

"I want that girl here by sunrise tomorrow, or I will find you," He leans in closer to Loki.

"And I will burn everything you love to the ground, you along with it," He says, staring right into her eyes, meaning every word that came out of his mouth. Loki doesn't move, shrink, or say a word. She stands there like a rock, but then she turns around to us all.

"Let's go," She simply says, and we all follow her out to grab our items.

"What's on your mind?" I ask her, but she remains silent. She starts walking straight down the village where we came from, and we all follow up close. 

I rush forward to Loki, who is basically sprinting ahead of us now. 

"Loki," I say out of breath as I grab her hand. She calms down her pace until she stops in her trace. We all look at her, wanting answers.

"He is not getting her," She says and takes a deep breath. 

"I don't care if I have to die trying; I am not going to give Atla to him. If she is what he says she is, this world will crumble by his hands," She says, and everyone nods to her words, including Ivar. 

"Let's get back to the truck and update Terry about our current situation," Chris tells us, and they all move along. Loki was about to walk, but I grabbed her by the shirt to stop her from letting everyone else pass. 

"Are you okay?" Loki asks me, worried. 

"Just a lot to take in," I sigh, wrapping my arm around hers as we start following the others. 

"Do you really believe she is..." I can't find the words of what I want to call her.

"Maybe," She sighs.

"I mean, they're a lot of things Diana has been looking into and found out about her, but something like this sounds unnatural, unreal," She tells me, seeming just as unsure as I am on what to think.

"I don't think we can know until she is older," Diana unexpectedly came into our conversation. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt," She apologizes. 

"No, it's fine," I smile.

"Atla is still a baby, and there is nothing more we can do at this moment to figure this out. If she is a powerful as Tyr believes she is, then we can't do anything but wait and see how she will develop with age," She explains as we now stumble through the dark of night. We don't have much time on our hands. 

"What do you think?" Loki asks, wanting her opinion.

"I do believe there is something incredible about her, and if you want, I can keep on doing tests, not just now, but through the years, to see any new development. To make sure she is safe and healthy," Loki and I both smile at her words; they warm very much how she wants to take care of her. 

"Thank you, we appreciate it a lot, but at the moment, I think we have worse things to think about," I sigh in sadness.

"I know, and it's not pretty, but I believe we can keep Atal safe from Tyr," She comforts us both. 

Loki stops us, and I watch her wondering if something is wrong. She watches the rest of them until they are a distance ahead of us. She stars right into my eyes now. 

"I want to say that I will do anything to keep Atla alive, even if my life depends on it. I know that you don't like those words, but I know how much that little girl means to you, and I don't want anything to happen to her," Her words mean a lot to me. 

"I won't rest until I know that girl is safe," She promises me. I pull her towards me, my lips on hers. Feeling the warmth of her, the comfort she is providing every time I am around her. I never had a person who made me feel so safe, so complete. I move back from her lips, and Loki looks at me softly. She strokes my cheek with her hand and put my hair behind my ear. Such a small gesture, but it still means so much to me. 

"I love you more than you will ever know," She smiles at me. 

"Oh, I think I know," I chuckle, pulling her after me. 

"I love you too," I smile happily at this very moment.