52. You were like the queen of the world

Freya, Terry, and I are standing next to each other, waiting on my uncle, Tyr, to show up. The raindrops falling from the sky have left me with sticky hair and clothing. My body shakes with coldness as we are standing between trees and bushes in the heavy rain.  

Terry wanted his people to wait and to be hidden. So they are a few hundred meters behind us as a backup. 

"Was about time," Terry says, crossing his arms over his chest as we see Tyr and a couple of guards following him. His long braided hair hanging in front of his shoulder, his eyes fixated on me. 

"He doesn't seem happy," Freya comments, and she is right; he is frowning at us. He knows we do not have  Atla, but it shouldn't surprise him. I am not handing that little girl over to him. 

"Where is the girl?" He asks, clenching his jaw. 

"Safe," I answer. 

"I want her," He demands, closing his hands into fists. 

"I told you can't have her," I tell him, and he takes a step forward, pointing at me.

"You better give her to me, or I will kill you all," He shouts, his veins showing in his neck. 

"I won't," I stand my ground.

"Fine, then war it is," He pulls out his sword, and we watch men and women coming out from their hidden places in the woods. Maybe over a hundred of them, screaming as they are running towards us. 

Freya and I pull out our swords, watching Tyr as he is grinning at us, but the smile slowly fades as he looks behind our backs.  Terry pulls out his gun and points it on guard to Tyr's right.

"Stand down," He says, but Tyr rush towards me, swinging his sword at me, but I deflect it with mine. She sounds of metal hitting and guns shooting echoes in the air. 

"He is mine!" I shout at Terry was about to shot Tyr, but I want this fight. He concentrated on the others instead. Freya slashed her sword through the man's leg, and we meet eyes for just a second before Tyr swings his sword again. I rush to the side, avoiding it completely. 

"Ah, you are quick," He laughs.

"You know, I heard rumors everywhere about you," Tyr smiles, pointing his sword at me. I hit it away with my own.

"You were like the queen of the world," He raised his arms in the air. 

"I was not a queen," I frown. 

"Oh really?" He grins.

"People feared you, Loki, even more than your father; you have potential," He smiles proudly as we are walking in circles. I look around carefully to see if I can spot Freya. My heart relaxes as she is keeping herself close to me. Bullets and arrows are flying in every direction around us. 

"You could rule again, have your own tribe, people will fear you again, people will bow for you," He is playing games; he wants me to turn sides.

"There are more important things than power," I spit at him, and it makes him frown at me. 

"Don't you remember the feeling of having it in your hands," He holds out his palm, looking at it as he has the whole world in there.

"I do remember, and I didn't enjoy it," I grit my teeth; I hated every movement of it. It was not something I desired. I was forced by my name and by my people. 

"Sure, you are just like your father, Loki, greedy, weak," He steps closer to me.

"And pathetic, just like him," His words make me swing my sword at him with no control. My hand holding the metal in my hand tightly as I strike his sword over and over again. 

I stop hitting as I try to catch my breath and finding my balance again.

"Just as angry as well," He grins; I can't see but blood. 

"I am nothing like him," I breathe heavily and stand up straight. 

"And I never will be," I tell him as I move around, trying to find a way to attack him, but he keeps moving to the side. He comes towards me faster than I could react. I hold onto the pain in my ribs, seeing blood on my hand as I release the pressure. 

"You are too slow, Loki," He grins as I hold onto the wound, keeping it from bleeding out. Tyr comes for me again, and I block his sword this time, but the force knocks me down in the mud. I dry the rainwater away from my face. 

"And as I said to week," He points his sword onto my throat, just one movement from him, and I won't be able to catch my breath ever again. 

"I might not have been able to end your father's life, but I guess I can be satisfied with yours."