44. What does that mean?

Loki has been in treatment for two weeks now, and it has been going great. She struggles to walk a bit still, but she has a wheelchair to help her around. Then again, it's Loki we are talking about here, so; she hates every part of it. It didn't surprise me at all. 

"Where are we going?" Loki wonders as I push her forward in the wheelchair towards the elevator. 

"We are going to talk to Diana; she had something important to talk to us about Atla," I tell her for the third time now. She has been a little distant after her accident. It's been tough on her, not being able to walk or to really function properly. Weakness is not a word in her vocabulary. Yet, she is when it comes to me. Loki has truly a big heart; she just doesn't want anyone to know. 

"Oh, yeah, you told me that," I push her inside of the elevator and push the button. 

"Are you okay?" I question as she started to rub her forehead. 

"Yeah, I am okay,"

"Okay," I answer even though I can tell something is off, but then the door opens, and we go into the pitch white room—computers and machines all around us. 

"Hi," A man I haven't seen before says before he sits down in front of one of the screens. 

"Freya, Loki," Diana smiles as she comes towards us with an awkward smile on her face. She is such a strange lady but funnily and nicely. 

"Follow me," She tells us, and I push Loki forward after Diana. The woman stops in front of one of the computers.

"Sit down," She smiles at me as she put down a chair next to Loki. I nod as I sit next to Loki, who seems intrigued and lost as she is gazing around; Diana pulls her own chair in front of the screen and starts clicking away on the computer. I look at Loki, who shrugs, which makes me almost laugh. 

"Well, I ran basically every standard test on Atla," She turns to us and smiles as she realizes we do not understand anything of what that means. 

"I simply measured her height, weight, check if she has any sicknesses or allergies, and check her blood samples," She explains to us, but I only understood half it. 

"Allergies? Blood samples? I question her.  

"Yes, allergies are several conditions caused by hypersensitivity of the immune system to typically harmless substances in the environment," She says; Loki and I look at each other, completely confused. Those were too complicated words for either of us.

"Have you ever met someone who sneezes a lot in summer and might get red eyes?" She question.

"Yes, I remember a boy who did that a lot," I answer. 

"He was allergic to pollen, which is very common," She explained, and we both nodded. 

"So is that something Atla has?" Loki wonders. 

"No, Atla has no allergies and no sickness," She tells us, and I breathe out relived. 

"But," She says, and it makes it all go away.

"I took blood samples, and this is quite extraordinary," She turns back to her computer.

"We have a few amounts of blood types if you look at the screen," Diana turns it to us, and we look at a few letters. 

"Atla, she has none of them,"  Diana sounds excited.

"What does that mean?" I wonder, confused.

"Well, I am not sure yet, but I talked with other scientists, and they believed that it might be a very new and unique blood type. We don't know if this one has existed before or not," Loki and I look at each other, not sure about anything. 

"If it is okay with you, I would love to run different tests to see if there is anything else I can find," She tells us, and I look at Loki, who nods slightly. 

"Okay, yeah, sounds like a good idea," I answer.

"But there is nothing wrong with her?" Loki question.

"Not that I can tell from now, she seems healthy just like a regular baby; the only unusual thing is her blood type. We can run some tests on Atla to be able to get more knowledge," Diana smiles. 

"Is there anything you two know that might help?" She asks curiously.

"Well, not much really, she eats a lot, and we know that some people really want her, and they have been after us ever since I found her," I explain to her. 

"So they might know something we don't?" Diana seems thoughtful. 

"Maybe yeah, I haven't really thought about the reasons for them wanting her," I say, looking at Loki. 

"Then maybe we should talk with them?"