32. I am not leaving you!

We reach the market, seeing everything on fire. People are running for there lives while being attacked by people on horses. They are setting fires and killing innocent people.

"Where is she?" A man screams over the shouting. I feel a hand on my arm, pulling me away.

"We need to go," Loki whispers to me and pulls me after with the girls running in front of us, back to my mother's house. On the way, we pass soldiers who are coming to defend the ones who can't. 

"We reach the house and watch Einar coming out the door with Ivar. The girl's father looked relieved, seeing his daughters were okay. 

"We need to fight, dad." Ivar sounds eager.

"You should fight too." He says as well, looking at Loki with anger and hate.

"They are here for her." Loki points at Atla, completely ignoring Ivar as she looks at his father instead. 

"Get in." He says we all follow him inside to the throne room, seeing my mother walking around in worry and Bjorn standing behind her. 

"There you are," Erika says, bending down to hug her girls. 

"What is happening." She asks, looking at all of us for answers. 

"They are here for her," Loki says again, stepping forward, facing my mother even though she rejected her. I don't think you can find a braver person than Loki.

"Why? What do they want with her?" My mother asks, confused.

"I don't know," I start.

"There is something about her, but we don't know what," I say. My mother looks at Atla, not sure what to think. 

We all jump as someone burst through the door, his armor ripped, his face full of blood and cuts.

"We can't stop them. You need to run. We can hold them off for a while." He says, trying to breathe. 

"Come on, kids, take everything you need and hurry," Einar says, and we see all of them run to their rooms. 

"I need Atla's things," I say to Loki, and she nods as she runs for our bedroom. I watch Einar looking through a closet full of armors and gears. 

Atla is half asleep in my arms, unaware of the danger she is in. All of this mess because of her, but I would go through all of it again if I had to. 

I watch Einar and my mother getting ready. Taking on their metal armor on and taking swords and knives with them. 

Eventually, all of my step-siblings are coming back with backpacks full and like their parents' armor and weapons on. Not long after, Loki comes back with all our items in a pack as well on her back along with her bow. 

"Can you hold Atla for a second?" I ask, and she nods, taking the little girl in her arms. I knot a shirt around me, over my shoulder, making a bed out of it to Atla. So I don't have to hold her in my arms the whole time. Loki puts the little girl into the shirt close to my chest. 

I feel Loki taking my hand in hers, holding it tightly. It feels nice and safe. 

"Let's go, kids." I hear Einar says. Loki and I wait until everyone has gone behind him. Iona first, then Bjorn, Froya, my mother, and then Ivar behind. I hold Loki's hand hard in mine, and we walk out the back door together. 

"Be quiet and hurry," Einar whispers, and we all bend down but try to run fast through the trees and bushes. I hold onto Atla with one hand and keep Loki's hand tight in the other. 

Out of nowhere, a man came through the thick bushes and right towards Einar, but he fights him off. Still, we can hear more is coming.

"Run!" Loki shouts to me, letting my hand go and make her bow ready.

"Go! All of you!" She yells at me, staring right into my green eyes. 

"No!" I scream in her face, which took her by surprise.

"I am not letting you leave me again!" I say, terrified.

"Take her, please," I beg my mother as I hand over Atla to her. She looks at the little girl in my arms for a second of hesitation but decided to take her.

"Thank you, now run. We will hold them off." I tell her, and she nods, but Einar doesn't seem to agree. I give him my backpack. 

"The kids need to be safe," I say to him, and he nods in agreement, but still don't like it. The look he has in his eyes, I haven't seen it since my father looked at me. It's the look of being scared and worried about your child. I smile to him, never knowing he cared about me in that way. I watch them run as I pull out my sword. 

"You should have gone too," Loki says, upset as she looks around us.

"I am not leaving you!" I snap at her and watch her shot an arrow and listen to a man shout in pain. A man comes running towards me, and my sword meets his. Our metal meets a few times until I swing the sword, hitting him in the stomach. 

I watch him bleed onto the ground holding onto his wound. There is no way he is going to survive that. 

"I don't want you to fight," Loki says, watching me, but I don't understand.

"Fight?" I question. 

"It scares me when you fight because I am terrified of losing you." She says, her eyes exposing her fear. 

"I almost lost you once Freya," She shots another arrow and hit a woman in the chest, she falls immediately. 

"When you got shot years ago, I thought that was the end. I thought I had lost the only part of me that was good." Loki tells me, and I narrow my eyes in anger.

"I am not the only part of you that is good, Loki." I swing my sword towards another woman's leg, and she falls, screaming in pain, and I put an end to it by shoving the sword inside of her heart. I reach Loki's hand and pull her towards me close so that I can stare right into her eyes. 

"I love you, Loki, for the person you are, and there are many things I could say that makes me love you, but right now, we don't have time," I tell her, kissing her lips fast and pull her after me, on our way to my so-called family.