53. You traded your power for love

"I will not die by your hand," I snarl at Tyr as I push his sword to the side with my hand. But then he screams in pain; he turns around, pulling out the arrow that is in his shoulder.

I get back up on my feet, but before I could pick up my sword, he reaches Freya before she could fire another arrow.

"Don't!" I shout, rushing towards them, my heart beating so hard, it feels like it is punching my ribcage. He's standing behind her, holding his sword close to her throat.

"Let her go!" I yell, holding my sword so hard I could break it into pieces. Freya is trying to get his arm off her, but he is too strong. Freya is staring at me; a tear falling her cheek makes me clench my jaw.

"Oh, I believe I found a soft spot," He laughs.

"Please, let her go," I beg, swallowing hard as I try to contain my tears. I can't lose her, never. He looks between Freya and me, questions written on his face.

"Would you look at that," Tyr chuckles.

"You traded your power for love; how cute," He mocks.

"And I would do it all over again," I grit my teeth, taking a step forward, but he warns me by moving his sword.

"Huh, interesting," He says, fascinated.

"She is a really beautiful woman; I must say," He makes Freya move even more in his arms, but he won't let her go. My heart beating so fast makes it harder to catch my breath; it feels like I have run for hours with no break. 

I feel my knees tremble, hands shake and blood draining down the side of my ribs. The pain has been switched out with fear. 

I look around, men and women falling onto the ground by bullets and arrows. We are all fighting, and people are dying for nothing, but Terry's shots seem to have the advantage. Tyr's army has lost a lot of numbers. Some even fleeing knowing they can't compare to the guns. 

" Are you empty of words, Loki?" Tyr asks, and I grit my teeth. 

"I am not like my father," I take a step forward, trying to distract him with my words.

"My father traded his heart for gold, my father tortured his own children, and yes, he might have died with wealth, but he died alone," I keep on moving towards him and Freya, slowly.

"He kept stealing, plundering, and taking everything that he could get his hands on, but no matter how much he took, he could never fill that void in him," I stand a meter away from Freya now; I can see her blue wet eyes staring at me, pleading for me. 

"My father was rotten to the core, and so are you," I say, and the smiles that were once on his face is now gone. 

"Look around you, Tyr, you have lost," I say, and he turns his head from right to left, seeing that there is no one left but a few. He tightens the grip around Freya, which made my breath hitch. Terry, Jacob, and the rest are all pointing their guns at 

"Don't, just let her go," I plead. Terry, Jacob, and the rest are all pointing their guns at Tyr, and he knows it very well.

"Give me the girl, and I give you yours back," He says. 

"Let her go!" I scream at the top of my lungs, but he won't budge. Freya struggles to reach for air now because of his firm grip.

"Let me go, and I will let her go," Tyr offers, and I can't but cleaning my hands into wrists; I want to put an end to his life; it was the plan. But for Freya, I would sacrifice my own life if I had to.

"Fine, but I promise you that I will look for you, and when I do, I will end you," I say, and he walks backward. My team stands their ground while I follow Tyr and Freya until he reaches a clogged area with trees. 

"Let my wife go," I demand, and a smile appears on his face. 

"I will come back from this Loki, and I will take that girl and kill the both of you," He assures me. 

"Just let my wife go," I clench my jaw, and a second later, he lets her go and disappears into the forest. I pull Freya by the hand and into my arms, finely being able to breathe again. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, pulling her back, with my hands on her cheeks.

"Yes, I am fine," She smiles; we watch a few men of Terry run into the forest in the direction where Tyr went.

"I don't want to lose neds," Terry says as he, Jacob, and the rest join us. I let go of Freya but keep her hand in mine. 

"Let's clean up and move on!" Terry shouts to his soldiers. 

"You guys, go back to the trucks and go home," He tells us all. Jacob, Arkyn, Kelby, Ivar, Einar, Freya, and I do as he commands.