15. Either you come with us or I make you

I have wandered around the woods for hours now. It's not long until the sun is going down. I need to find a place to settle before it gets dark. Walking around in the night is not safe at all. Most creatures come out at night, but also hunters.

"Let's see if we can find a place," I tell Atla, who is smiling back at me. She has been very quiet the last few days. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for it, but I thought babies cried more than this. I hope she is okay.

The sound of a twig breaking makes me turn around faster than the speed of lightning. I bend down to hide and search for the cause of the sound. Then I see movement behind the trees coming straight towards me.

I turn around and run, holding onto Atla as if life depends on it because it might. My feet almost stumbled, but I managed to keep myself up. I don't think I can outrun them. They are too close to me.

I stop in my tracks and pull out my sword. Two men stop in front of me, one with a bow and arrow pointed at me and one with a sword.

"Who are you?" The tallest of them asks. I can't see their faces, it's covered with some kind of cloth. They are wearing a very heavy type of armour. I remember if you had heavy armour, it meant that they are very resourceful. So wherever they are coming from means bad.

"I'm no one," I answer, taking a step back, but they take a step forward.

"Doesn't seem like it." He says, tilting his head as if it would help him take a better look at me.

"Is it yours?" The man asks, looking down at Atla. I don't answer him, he can't force me to.

"You need to come with us." He tells me, moving forward, but I point the tip of my sword in his direction.

"I don't think so," I say, gritting my teeth.

"Either you come with us or I make you." He sounds angry now. I look down at the girl that is hanging in between us. Atla is going to get hurt if I fight, but wouldn't see get hurt anyways if I follow them.

I sigh in surrender as I place my sword back in place.

"Good." He says and steps forward to me.

"Hand me the baby." The tall man says, making my blood boil in my veins, but I do as said. I don't want her to get hurt. He gives Atla to the other man, holding her. I don't like it, but at least she is okay.

"Hands out." The man says and I do as told. He wraps my hands together with a rope around my wrists. It's very tight, but I am not going to complain. I'm too strong to do that.

"Let's go." He pushes me in front of him and I follow the man that is carrying  Atla.

"What's your name?" The man behind me asks, but I keep my mouth shut.

"Where are you from?" He keeps asking questions as if he expects me to tell him my life story. After a while, he stops asking me. I guess ignoring him made him give up.

"Don't worry, we will get it out of you eventually," He says.

"We?" I ask.

"Now, you are talking." He laughs, which makes me roll my eyes at how annoying he is.

"Yes, we." He says as we move through some trees, giving me the view of a big village. This is not good.

"Who are you?" I ask worried now, I really hope I didn't end up where I think I am. If this is where Atla comes from and these people desire her, then I am screwed.

"You are not really in a state to ask questions now are you." He says and pushes me forward, forcing me to go into a place that I am terrified of. But I am still confused because it didn't seem like they wanted Atla, or even knew who she is. Hope is all I got right now.

"Keep moving, we are not far." The man in front says it's the first time I have heard him talk.

"Far?" I question, but just like me, they ignore. But eventually, we end up in front of a big house, made of wood. Most of the houses here are made of wood, but I could see metal on some.

I follow them inside and in front of me are two thorns. One with a woman and one with a man sitting. They both stare at me, confused, but yet curious. Especially the woman, who I assume is the queen.

Her hair is long, curly and blond. Her eyes blue, as clear as ice. She looks familiar.

"Who is this son?" The king asks.

"I don't know, we found them in the woods on our patrol." The tall man says, who is also their son apparently.

The queen keeps staring at me, but I just the same. Where have I seen her before? She looks just like my...

"Mom?"