42. We just got married!

"What?" I say, completely frozen. 

"You need to come." Kelby takes my hand in hers and pulls me after her into the elevator. 

"Loki is badly wounded." She says I can feel my legs wanting to give in on me. I told her to be careful. Loki said she was coming back, and she said she was going to be fine. 

"Wh-what happened?" I stammered, struggling to find my voice, and the door opens up. Kelby keeps on pulling me after her. I am thankful that she is; I can't feel anything but empty as if someone dug out my heart.

"She got shot," Kelby says, and we stop in front of a closed door. I can see Loki through the window. People are moving in a rush all around her.

"What are they doing?" I question sacred as people have a lot of tools around her and equipment. 

"They are trying to save her," Kelby says, and tears fall out of my eyes.

"She defended Arkyn but got shot in the process; she saved his life." She laid her hand on my shoulder, but I walked away to sit down. I can't stand on my own feet, can't think right, or even function like a normal human being.

"Freya," Kelby bends down in front of me; I can see her, I can hear her, but I can't do anything.

"She will be okay," She tries to smile, but it's so forced that it's not even worth trying. 

"I will be back in a minute, okay," Kelby waits for a moment for me to respond, but I don't.  She walks away, leaving me alone, but not for long as my mother comes in a rush towards me.

"Are you okay?" She asks, worried, her hand resting on my cheek. As I do not answer her, she looks through the window, seeing Loki lying there. 

"She is going to be okay." My mother smiles at me, just the same as Kelby did. She sits down on the chair next to me, holding my arm. 

"A-Atla?" I question and then clear my throat, trying to hide my crying and pain streaming through every inch of my body. It's like someone ran a blade slowly through my heart.

"She is with Froya, and she is okay," Erika answers. 

"S-she does this all the time," I say, pointing at the door. 

"What do you mean?" She wonders, confused. 

"Loki, she always gets into trouble," I tell her, and it almost makes me chuckle.

"It's like trouble is attracted to her," I laugh, but laughter turns into crying.

"Freya," Erika pulls me into a hug, it's nice and soothing, but it can't be compared to my wife's hugs. '

"Loki is going to be okay." She whispers to me.

***

"Freya," I hear my name keeps on being called; I open my eyes and look around, realizing what has been going on the past few hours. My mother is upon her legs, trying to wake me up. A man is standing next to her, wearing odd green clothes.

"What is going on?" I ask as I rub my eyes.

"I am Kyle, and I am the doctor how has been in charge of Loki." He says, and now I woke up.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked, rushing up to look in the window of the door, seeing Loki lying there, her eyes closed.

"She is going to be fine," He says, and I breathe out in relief.

"But it will take time for her to recover," Kyle informs us, but as long she is alive, and well everything will be okay.  

"Can I go in?" I question, and he nods with a smile. I open the door with no hesitations and reach for her hand to touch. Her skin is cold compared to mine; I raise her hand to kiss it. 

"You said you were going to come back," I cry, tears falling from my face onto her hand. Her face is empty, eyes closed, mouth locked, but her chest rises along with her breathing. 

"You said everything was going to be fine," I let go of her hand, feeling my blood boil in my veins, feeling so angry. 

"We were going to watch more movies together," I rub my forehead in frustration. 

"We just got married!" I shout in a fury, having no control over my anger. I grab the closest items I see and throw it all over the room, hitting the wall. Without thinking, I keep grabbing things and throw them.

"Freya!" I hear my mother shout.

"Stop it," She wrapped her arms around mine, holding me down with a hug. 

"She said everything was going to be fine," I cry in agony.

"Everything is fine," She says, lightly holding me close to her. 

"No, it's not," I say, frustrated. 

"I can't stand this, her getting hurt, hurt to the point she almost gets killed," I scream, crying my eyes out. 

"It's too much to handle," I say, trying to catch my breath. 

"Breath," My mother tells me lightly, and I try so. Breathing in and out slowly, feeling my muscles starting to relax. 

"I love her so much," I say, feeling so exhausted. 

"And I just want to have a quiet and peaceful long life with her," I almost smile, imagining Loki and I grow old together. 

"I know, and you will," Erika says with warmth.