9

"C'mon," Shawn extends his left hand. 

"No way! Shawn, I cannot meet your mom! It is too soon!" I exclaim refusing to go. There is no way he expects me to be okay with this? And how would his mom feel about all of this?

"If I ask you to do it then you should," He replies in a strong tone. It matches the expression on his face. Does he not get it? How would he feel if this was him in my position?

"Just because you said jump does not mean I am going to go how high!" I yell hotly. This is getting to be too much. We came in his jeep but, I can probably somehow get back to my dorm room from here. 

I literally start to walk then break into a run to get away from him. But Shawn catches up with me where we proceed to get into an argument. He still insists that meet his mom but, I will not adhere. 

"We can go somewhere else to eat breakfast. I am not meeting your mom until I get to know you more. Sorry, Shawn not trying to be disrespectful." 

"Okay," Shawn answers. 

"Just okay?" I inquire seriously pissed off. 

"Yeah, what else do you want me to say? There is no reason why you should be angry at me. If you long to go somewhere else that is fine by me. There is a food truck not too far from here that serves bomb breakfast tacos."

"Shawn eating from a food truck....," I tease him.

"What? You just assume I was just completely a snob?"

"You said you do not do lowgrade," I remark.

"A food truck is not lowgrade," Shawn states seriously then shrugs his shoulders. Shawn and I walk a couple of blocks until I see a food truck parked in front of a bookstore. The truck itself it painted a bright yellow with some orange on it. 

Shawn greets the owner then orders for the both of us. It is a super stuffed taco with all eggs, cheese, hashbrowns, and bacon. We sit on a nearby bench and eat our breakfast. Shawn does not comment much. 

"After this, I have to take you back to where you live. I have to head back to work and probably will be there for the next twelve hours. I need your bank information and your Amazon wishlist."

"Um, why?"

"I forget you are new to this. Banking information will be to put money into your account and Amazon wishlist is to get you gifts."