20

"Why are you so tired?" I ask curiously as Shawn takes a hard look at me. Those brown eyes that were filled with tiredness are now full of anger. It was like I was playing with fire, and the flame is going to burn.

"Because I have been working for three days? In Spain? Does time difference, and jet lag mean anything to you? Apparently not since you were too busy with getting drunk to remotely care," Shawn replies in a pissed tone.

"And the fact you are not even the legal age to be drinking?" Shawn questions hotly.

"Ever heard of a fake id assface?" I shoot back.

"I will fucking cut that id in half," Shawn threatens. 

"First of all I just got drunk tonight. It was Maria's idea and because her friend got some cover of some magazine. Secondly, you did not even tell me where you were going. You just said that you were going to be working for the next three days. Shawn that is such an ass thing to do show up here and yell at me for being drunk."

"Then I carry your drunk ass back to my jeep then," Shawn states seriously then picks me up. Which damn, all the earlier angry I felt towards him melts away. Like he is like global warming and I am a glacier in Antarctica. Why are my feelings so bipolar towards him? I have no idea. 

"You are seriously going to carry my drunk ass?"

"I am and I would," He replies warmly, "I never go back on my promises."

Wow, well..well.. well...then. I never knew a man to keep his promises. Shawn's strong arms surround me as he literally walks me back to his jeep. I have no idea how or when whenever he opens the door, and then puts me on the passenger side. 

Everything is spinning for me now. 

I do not even realize that he started driving.

Am I this far gone?

Apparently so. 

Shawn stops getting out of the jeep, then comes to my side, and lifts me out. He carries me inside where I hear two female voices. They blur together, and I can barely make out who they are. I do not think I ever met them but, Shawn assures them I am just under the weather then takes me somewhere.

"Where are we?" I whisper.

"My room," He states.

"And who were those females?"

"My mom, Karen and my younger sister, Aaliyah," He reveals.

"Wait, they still live here?"

"Do you think I am that much of a dick that I would allow my sister and my mom to be homeless?"