24

I wonder why men like Shawn and Charlie think that someone will never love them beyond their money. It is not that big of a stretch. But they seemed to be convinced that they are only worth anything if they are literally funding someone else.

I might not offer Shawn much of anything. After all, I am still just a college student but what I can offer is unconditional. Something I feel that he probably never felt or had before. The party is still going on, people still making small talk with drinks, and of course, there is that pigeon eating popcorn Cameron.

The right side of Shawn like some proud prince. 

I hope Cameron chokes on his pride. 

Cameron gives me a five-second side eye before dipping his fingers across Shawn's shoulders. His eyes glance at me as if I am nothing. My main instinct is to throw a slap in Cameron's face.

"Whatever it is," Charlie seriously advice. "Do not do it. One of Shawn's main weakness is his loyalty to Cameron. They grew up together, and yeah if you hurt Cameron. Shawn will never forgive you."

"Frost cracker came at me first, and I just want to defrost that snowman," I state seriously. My whole body is shaking at this point. Why on Earth is Shawn openly allowing Cameron to flirt with him in front of me? In a room full of people? 

I do not get it?

Is he playing a game?

"Cameron is a tiger if you let him he is going to drag you like some prey. Do not let him," Charlie states. Charlie's eyes and Shawn's eyes meet from across the room. It is enough to pop Shawn out of whatever daydream that Cameron held him captive in.

Burnt Pokemon bitch! My mind mentally screams towards Cameron. He has a smirk on his face, grabbing two drinks off the tray. As they make their way over to Charlie and me. Instantly I feel like Charlie and I are those two awkward kids that the popular people pick on. 

"Charlie, here you go, you thirsty bastard," Cameron shades as literally shoves the drink into Charlie's left hand. "Figured you would have had the shakes by now."

"Cameron do not be tacky, you need to be nice to Charlie," Shawn replies boldly. "How is your sister? Is she a sport's model right? Mikaela?"

"Wait a minute Mikaela is your sister?" I question full of the shock to Charlie.