45

I am utterly speechless as I glance back at Shawn. Why did he not tell me that Charlie and he were cousins? Why didn't Charlie either? Now it makes sense to know why Charlie came to Shawn's parties, why he pretended to not to know Shawn was a Sugar Daddy, and why he said all those things about him. 

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"I figured it was best you did not know," Shawn replies softly. "Charlie and I were close as kids but, then his mom became sick when she died. Charlie's dad just shut us out and had nothing to do with us. It was only when I saw him with Thomas did I realize that Charlie was a Sugar Daddy."

"And the business deal?"

"Was my way of trying to get us close again. I missed Charlie apart from the family. But, he changed dramatically. Charles literally groomed Charlie to be cold-heart, and uncaring about people who serve no interest to him."

"But, you are family," I reply. Still not able to swallow the words. The reality is so harsh slapping me in the face. And now all Shawn wanted to do was to have Charlie apart from his family again. Maybe this would be why he would be willing to donate part of his liver?

"Is this why you are doing the donor?"

"Yes, and I do not want him to die," Shawn says. "He might still hate me and vice versa but I don't loathe him enough to wish death on him."

"And even if I was not a match, still not recovering, or having a baby. Would you have let me donated? If was a match?"

"No," Shawn remarks quickly. "I just do not want Charlie to have that type of hold on you. He would truly think you were his forever. And I want you to be mines forever. It just would not work out in the long run."

"Does Cameron know that Charlie and you are related?"

"No, I never told him that," Shawn replies. "Was none of his business anyways. I am going to go do the blood tests now to see if I am compatible." 

Shawn does not return until three hours later and even then he does not appear to his normal self. He sits in the chair across from me nervous awaiting the results. The doctor comes back in and there is a smile on her face.

"Congrats Shawn you are a match please come with me so we can go over the paperwork and inform Charlie of what will be happening."