26

-Two Months Later-

Shawn has been busy for the past couple of months. So I have not been able to see him since that night we went bareback. The morning after that it was surreal and I hurt a little bit. I have no idea why suddenly he decided to go like that. 

It might have to do with Charlie. We have not discussed it. But, I had a feeling that Shawn did not like me hanging around with him. But, on the other hand, he was looking out for me. While Shawn was so far up Cameron's ass that he abandoned me.

University has also kept me busy. The first couple of months of college is no joke. I literally worked myself until the wee hours of the morning trying to get my work done. Maria has seemed left post and gone ghost. I have not seen her in a few weeks. 

Today is raining. Rain is very therapeutic. Whenever I was little and it rained I would sit by window stare out. It is completely mesmerizing. Especially now since the past couple of months, I have not been feeling well. And seemed to be throwing up a lot I chuck it up to the lingering effects of the flu. 

Speaking of which I head to the bathroom to throw up again. Ugh, everything is hurting as I move my body back to the bed and crawl inside of it. I did not even notice that I fell asleep until I heard a loud banging on my door and Maria yelling my name.

I groan as rolling out of bed and opening the door. Maria takes one look at me and immediately walks me back to bed. Do I look that terrible? Because I feel like trash!

"How long have you been sick? You are like burning up!" Maria states in a concerned tone.

"A couple of months it probably stops once I get a break from school," I reply seriously.

"I think we need to go to an urgent care that is too long to be sick Austin," She replies as she helps me up and gets me changed. She brushes my hair and helps me to her car. 

Fifteen minutes later Maria and arrive at an urgent care that was not far from campus. She helps me fill out the paperwork and turns it. We wait while watching television and then a few moments later. A nurse calls me to come back taking Maria and me to an exam room.

Maria helps me climb up on the table, as the nurse asks me a series of questions while she takes my vitals. The doctor comes in and the nurse gives him the report. I have to lie down because I feel so dizzy.

"Austin? Okay so I am going to exam you, take some blood, and urine just to make sure everything is normal," The doctor replies as she straightens out her dress, washes her hands, and put one some exam gloves.

She listens to my heart and then takes my pulse. She has my eyes follow her fingers. My throat hurts so much right now. The nurse takes some of my blood, and then Maria helps me to the bathroom so I can pee in a cup. Once I am done we leave the bathroom, and hand the cup off to the nurse.

"We should have everything back within an hour so please feel free to cover up with this blanket and rest," The doctor advises as she spreads a thin white blanket over it. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Some Gatorade if you have it," I state weakly. She nods her head, left, and came back with a small bottle of red Gatorade with a small straw in it. Maria holds the Gatorade while I drink.

The doctor went to go out and does not return until an hour later. She came over to me and takes my hand. Why is she doing this? Am I going to die?

"Austin, the test reveals you are pregnant," She states. "If this is not a good thing you have options."

I laugh uncontrollably. "This is not possible? I am a man?" 

"It is possible if you are unisex. Which means you were born with both male and female sexual organs." 

"I want to see the receipts!" I yell at her in full-blown shock. I think this is still a joke. She nods her head and gets out the ultrasound machine, she lifts up my shirt, putting some gel over it my stomach, and then powers up the machine.

"See, there are some ovaries and an uterus," She says so casually. Her fingers are tapping against the screen. I want to believe what I am seeing is real. 

"Why have I not gotten a period then?"

"Because if you have high levels of testosterone in your body then you would never get one," She states. Then she swipes off the gel from my belly and lowers my shirt. This news has hit me like a shockwave. 

"Like I said earlier if this was unplanned you have other options such as an abortion which would get rid of the fetus or you can carry to full term then put the baby up for adoption," The doctor states. 

"I have to speak with the father of the baby before I make any of those types of decisions," I reply softly. Then Maria helps me off the table and we leave. We do not say anything of the way back, and I crawl inside my bed.

Crying. 

Crying.

Crying.

Upset.

I do not know how Shaddy is going to handle this news. My fingers tremble as I text to him. It takes everything in my body to press send.

Me: Shaddy we need 2 talk. Its important.

Shawn: Ok can u tell me via text

Me: This is better 2 say in person.