12

I would like to google Shawn but I felt like that would be cheating. As I could ask him questions myself. But, could he answer? I hope that he is going to be like an open book. However, some people like to keep things private.

The rest of my day goes by uneventful. I basically study and get some of my papers done for my classes. Maria left to go back to work, and probably will not be back until much later. I call my mom, Gloria to make sure she is okay, and then transfer half the money Shawn gave me to her account.

She would need it more than I do. I witnessed too many times that my mom cried every night she could not provide food, the power and water got shut off. She felt bad, whenever at fifteen I got a work permit and went to work. 

The same Subway I work from sophomore to senior year. Never missed a shift, nor was never late. I go for a run for an hour then hit the gym afterward. I was full of sweat whenever I return back to my dorm room and then head to the bathroom to take a shower then change into some PJs.

I dozed off watching something on Netflix. The next morning I awake. There is a text message from Shawn saying that he is going to meet me for lunch. I am going to assume he is going to pick me up. Shit, I do not have anything nice to wear outside the peach colored polo shirt and some tight black slacks.

A few hours later I am ready, as I met Shawn downstairs. Surprisingly he is dressed casually in a black t-shirt and some blue jeans. He has black sunglasses on his eyes, and Justin Timberlake is blaring from his radio. 

He does not tell me where we are going but, we end up on Malibu, and Shawn takes some things out of the trunk then heads to the beach. For a rich guy, he is super lowkey. Shawn spreads the beach blanket out. A blanket that has three dolphins riding some waves, putting a picnic on top it, Shawn sits down and pats the empty space next to him.

"Come on Austin," He replies in a deep tone. "Sit by me."

His smile is inviting, so I sit down, and my mind has so many questions. The warm sun is on my face, and the breeze hits my face. Some seagulls are picking at some discarded bread. 

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"What? The beach? Relaxing duh," Shawn remarks then let out a hearty laugh. He unpacks the picnic basket with cheese, fruits, chips, and some pasta salad. There are a beer and soda. 

"I would never have pegged you," I begin as Shawn plants a finger my lip.

"You are going to have to shatter all these notions you have about me," Shawn states seriously.

Those deep brown eyes can melt my heart and that boyish charm that has me hooked. I have no idea if his feelings for me are real. Can sugar daddies have feelings for their sugar babies? Or it just a money thing?

"Then tell me about yourself?" I ask. 

"What would you like to know?"