39

I text Charlie the address and directions to my dorm room. I have no idea if he went to UCLA to college. It takes about an hour for me to get ready as I do not have a lot of dress clothes. A plaid shirt goes over my body, tucking it into some faded blue jeans, and some black leather dress shoes. 

I run a come through my black hair, hoping that with gel and hairspray that is in it. That it will hold in place, spraying on super expensive cologne that Maria gifted me with. She tends to get all this free stuff from work and sometimes gives it to me. Totally tragic she could not get me some trendy clothes. 

My phone blinks as it is letting me know I have a notification. Charlie has texted to let me know that he has arrived. There is a knock on my door, and after it is open. There is Charlie standing in front of me with his light brown hair slicked back, and three-piece suit with a light green dress shirt.

The shirt brings out his hazel eyes. I find myself almost floored but I catch my breath. Charlie greets me with a kiss on my cheek sliding my hand into his. His other hand has a small box and gives it to me.

"If you think this is cheesy I am sorry but, I thought you could use a cupcake from Sprinkles. It is my favorite place to get one."

"Aw no that is sweet," I reply as I open the box to see the beautifully decorated cupcake. "No pun intended." And my stomach is growling so I ate the chocolate cupcake, and it is so yummy. Charlie smiles as his thumb fans over my bottom lip.

"You had some chocolate there," He remarks licks his thumb. "Did you enjoy it?"

"The cupcake or you?"

"Mmhm, maybe both?" Charlie questions jokingly. I throw away the box in the nearby trashcan. Charlie and I leave the dorm room hand and hand. Once we are outside, and next to his car. Charlie opens the door for me, waiting for me to get in, and then goes to the other side.

"I thought I would let you pick the dinner place," Charlie replies as he lowers the radio volume. Boyz II Men is crooning on and on about coming to the end of a road. I vaguely remember this song. 

"Thank you, that is considerate," I answer. 

"Better than some selfish people," Charlie remarks.

"Charlie, we are not going to diss Shawn okay?"

"Is it true you are carrying his child?" Charlie asks as he voice commands his car to start up. I will never get used to that. Never in my life. Charlie seems hell bent on wanting the tea to see I am pregnant. 

"Why can't you have children?"

"Two years ago I became sick and well it made me sterile," Charlie says. "But there is no sense in talking about sad stories. It happened there is nothing I can do to change it."

"I am sorry Charlie," I reply full of sympathy. Charlie just glances at the road ahead of him. He does not press the issue anymore. Another R & B song fills the car but, this one I cannot place. 

"Did you decide where to go to dinner?"

"Can we go to Taco Bell? Please?" I beg.

"Taco Bell huh? You do not have expensive tastes do you?" 

"No, I like things simple and besides they have the five dollar box," I tease him. Charlie makes a face as he goes to the nearest Taco Bell. He parks and we go inside to the lobby. I order for us and making sure I get an empanada. Because I love those things so much.

We go to get our drinks and wait at a table until our ticket number is called out. Charlie gets up to get it, and we start to eat. Charlie does not know what to make of it. Silently judging the food not sure rather not to eat it.

"It is not from the gutter it is good," I urge him. "I dare you to try it."

"I never back down from a dare," Charlie quips as he picks up a taco and slowly eats it. He is a slow eater man it takes him forty-five minutes to eat a taco.

"Charlie, where did you go to college?"

"Where my father went, UCLA business school," He remarks then moves on to the burrito. Charlie is a strange one for sure. "How do you eat this food? It so salty?" Charlie asks after he takes one bite of the burrito then spits it out. 

"You did not even give it a chance."

"I did and I hate it, just garbage food."

"Charlie, this is the type of food I enjoy. And it not the fancy food that you might not be used too but it does not mean it does not matter. You got to stop being such a snob." 

Charlie does not speak as he gets up to dump the rest of his food in the trashcan. I already finished my food. Charlie and I decide to go for a walk and after an hour my feet are hurting. Charlie lifts me up carrying me all the way back to the car. 

He puts me in the backseat, where we start making out, and Charlie is getting harder as his erection presses against my stomach. Charlie wants me I can feel it. But I am not ready to have sex with him.

"Charlie, I believe we should stop," I state softly.

"But I want you so badly Austin," He remarks.

"You should wait unfil I am more comfortable with you."

"Okay, that is fair," Charlie replies as he gets off of me. He fixes his hair then exits his car. Next he gets into the driver seat and drives me. Instead of going back to the dorm room, he takes me to a modest looking house with a bunch of palm trees in the front.