27

I never dreaded a day such as today. Shawn has picked me up from the dorm rooms and does not tell me where we are going. He is dressed sharply in a black button-down shirt, tight black dress pants, and boots. He has on a light grey jacket that is sharp, an eye-popping contrast to the black. 

His brown hair is combed back off his face. However, Shawn is full of tension as we pull into an empty parking lot. My mind floods back to the time where he passionate took me in a parking lot. It was both exciting and scary at the same time.

Shawn takes off his seat belt, turning to face me, and his eyes full of tense glance over at me. In this moment I want to forget everything and not say anything. But that would be the coward way out. And one thing I am not is a coward. 

"What is it that you needed to tell me in person? Are you breaking up with me?" Shawn questions. He is scared now than I am going to abandon him like some grocery cart in a Target parking lot.

Shit, I am terrified of telling him my news. How will he take this? This was totally unplanned and everything. I have no idea if either one of us is potentially ready to be parents. My heart races, my eyes grow wide.

"Um, how do you feel about children?" I inquire asking a test question. His reaction will be critical to this. 

"Why are you asking me?" Shawn arches his eyebrow. "I think they are nice and hopefully one day I can have a family. But not right now. I am so busy."

"Um.... well... Shaddy you are going to have to readjust your plans then," I state.

"What do you mean? Readjust my plans? What exactly are you trying to say?" Shawn questions hotly. As his eyes filled with anger, and his face is so the point that he is going to explode. 

"I'm pregnant," I whisper to him.

"I am sorry? Come again? Speak up Austin!" He demands.

"I am carrying your child Shawn," I answer.

"But how? You are a man! Last time I checked men do not have children!" Shawn replies.

"It is a long story but the fact of the matter is now we have a situation, Shawn. And I do not know what to do. I am scared," I remark. 

"Then you get rid of it," Shawn answers without hesitation. "I am being serious. Get rid of it."

"What if I do not want too?"

"Are you stupid? Austin how could you possibly support a baby? You have no job, no car, and a full-time student. Honestly, I do not know if I have the time right now to be a father. The timing is not right. Maybe later when we are both settled we could try again."