11

I never had five hundred dollars in my bank account before. Whenever I worked my old job at Subway I did great to get at least one hundred and fifty after taxes. I am feeling tons of guilt from essential taking money from Shawn. 

Me: I cannot accept this. 

Shawn: Yes u can. 

Me: It is a lot of  💲

Shawn: U deserve it. Listen that is what this type of relationship is Austin. u get/ugive. if u ever need anything u just ask and it's urs. 

Me: I feel dirty... 

Shawn: Pls don't. There is nothing 2 feel dirty about. 

Me: u say that. 

Shawn: I mean that. N I don't say shit just 2 say it. Now better hit those books love smart men ;) 

Me: Yes Shawn

Shawn: Now that is going to take some getting used too!

I smile at the last response, as the mere thought of Shawn actually taking direction from me. It is almost laughable. My roommate, Maria Neupane returns from work. She works a local designer studio between that and school she hardly gets any sleep. 

"I bought some lunch," Maria replies as she hands me a white bag. She is short, barely five feet but her high heels make her over five-foot-six. Her long jet-black hair has dyed neon yellow tips and is currently trying to come out of her messy ponytail. Her eyes are almond shaped and blue in color. 

"Oh, girl I am stuffed from breakfast," I reply then pat my stomach. Maria arches an eyebrow but, debates rather or not to get details. But, She plops on my bed, kicking off her heels, and then starts to eat lunch. After she is done, cleans up after herself, and then comes back for the tea.

"Who is he?" She questions politely. 

"The guy that I am seeing?"

"No Santa Claus! Of course the guy you are seeing! You did not come home last night and you are full from breakfast. Give it up man!" 

"Oh, Shawn his name is Shawn," I state.

"Shawn Who?"

"Mendes," I reveal.

"Oh my god! Dude, he's super rich like loads of money plus he inherited one of the top business in LA."

"I did not know that!" 

How come Shawn did not tell me he owns a top business in LA? I knew he was rich but, I have no idea how much. I feel in the dark about a lot of things regarding Shawn.