30

I forgot how much I missed my mom. I feel bad about not calling her once I got to college. She got a pizza, my favorite, double cheese and bell peppers. After I got a full tummy and she put on Strangers Things. 

She did my laundry. Even though I know she was tired as hell. Many years she has been tired as hell but always put me first. This is what it would be like if I become a parent. And Shawn is not going to help so basically I am going to be my mother.

A single parent working hard to provide for my child.

"How did you do it?" I ask her seriously. 

"Do what?"

"Be a single parent?" 

"I did what I had to do, once I realized your deadbeat daddy was not coming back. I put myself through nursing school and worked as hard as I did. Because that is what you deserve. And I want you to promise me that you will, in fact, get your education and get a good job." 

"I do not know if I can," I reveal almost to the point of tears.

"You will because your child matters, and it is not going to be easy. But you have more than I did. You will have me, and I provide free babysitting to my grandchild. So please do not worry okay?" 

"Thank you, mom, for everything," I reply. 

A few hours later I am off dream world. I dream about if Shawn actually wanted to help raise our baby. But then the dream turns into a nightmare. Where I am struggling and he slams the door in the face. I am alone, but not really. 

The next morning I am awake by the smell of pancakes and fresh orange juice. There are two voices coming from the kitchen. One is my mom and the other one is a man. But it sounds familiar. I drag myself out of bed because I am hungry and I am curious about who is in the kitchen. 

My mom warmly greets me with the massive plate of pancakes. More than I could possibly stomach helps me sit down. I glance over across the table. And there is Charlie. How did he know I lived here? Why is he even here?

"Hey, I thought I would come to see you, I heard you returned home," He replies.