43

"We are going to have a daughter?" Shawn questions softly as he glances down at me. I nod my head as his hand goes underneath my hospital gown, and rubs my stomach. I never witness Shawn cry but, he is now. The tears are slowly coming down his face. 

"Do you still think she is not worthy of life?" I ask to him.

"I was harsh Austin but, I did not know how to handle the shock. I never thought you could get pregnant. And what I said was wrong. I wish I could take it back now." 

"You should take it back but you cannot. It stings really bad. And to think I thought I was going to have to raise our daughter alone. I would have been prepared too. I just did not want to go through what my mom went through."

"Then, marry me Austin," Shawn replies tenderly. 

"Are you being serious?" I question full of shock. My mind cannot wrap around that he wants to marry me. "But are you marrying me because I am pregnant? Or you truly love me?"

"It is because I love you Austin. I cannot envision the rest of my life without you." Shawn remarks then take his hand from underneath my gown. On his left hand is a silver ring, that he slides off, and puts on my ring finger. "Please say you will marry me." 

"Yes!" I exclaim. "But, I do not want a big wedding."

"Then we will go to Vegas," Shawn suggests. "But, right now we need to focus on you getting better."