41

A/N: I did not like how I wrote the last chapter so I am going to rewrite this chapter. 

"Hello, Austin?" A doctor replies softly as a light is being shone in my eyes. I have no idea how I got here. The last thing I remembered was being in a car with Charlie and he was talking me back to my dorm room. Then we got hit so everything went blank.

Oh my god! Charlie! Where is he? Is he okay? My mind is flooded with worry but I can barely move because in so much pain. 

The doctor, a middle-aged Indian woman with a designer yellow dress covered mostly by her white lab coat. I see that she is wearing high heels. Why would she do that wear heels? What if she has to run for an emergency? 

"Austin, do you know where you are?" She asks nicely as she squeezes both her hands and then lifts up the blanket to where she uses a silver thing with a tiny wheel on the end. It goes against my feet. 

"No," I reply as the lights are hurting my eyes. They are so bright, and I start to see those tiny blank dots. I hear the faint beating of my heart from the vital's monitor. 

"You were in an accident you are in the hospital. You had to have surgery because you spleen ruptured. And you have some broken ribs and a sprained wrist. We had to put some stitches on your forehead." She reveals. "Did you feel that against your feet?"

"Yeah, what about my baby?"

"Austin, she is good for now but she did go into distress during surgery. So we are going to keep you here for a few days just to make sure that she remains stable." 

"So I am having a daughter?" I ask. I am almost to tears my baby basically bearly survived. But she made it through. Panda is a little fighter. I crack a tiny smile but then frown.

"What about Charlie? The one that was driving?"

"He is in ICU his injuries are pretty severe. We discovered that he has some liver damage and it has caused his heart to weaken. So he almost died during surgery."

I feel so much guilt. Charlie is barely hanging on. If only we stayed at his place. If only I would not have been so pissed at him. If only if I have not demanded him to take me back to the dorm. 

"Can you keep me updated?" 

"Are you a family member?"

"Yes," I lie. Which I know is wrong but I want to know if Charlie is going to pull through. I need updates on him. 

"Alright we will keep you updated on his condition and also you have had a visitor, by the name of Shawn. He had to step out but he told me to tell you whenever you woke up."

"Shawn came by?" I question in shock. 

"Yes," she nods her head. 

Shawn comes back in a few minutes. His brown hair is messy, his eyes are reddened and bloodshot, and he smells like he has not showered in a couple days. 

"Austin oh my gosh I thought I lost you, I am so sorry. I am so sorry for everything baby," He replies as he cradles my head in his arms.