38

TWO WEEKS LATER 

I am back at my dorm room either Charlie or Shawn has even bothered to have contact with me since I have given the ultimatum. But I need to know who is genuine and who is not genuine. I do not want Shawn to feel he has to be with me because I am pregnant.

And I do not want Charlie to get with me to get back at Shawn. The more and more I see them interact tells me that maybe Charlie was lying about knowing Shawn casually. Why would they know all that personal information about each other?

Like Charlie unable to have children. Did they use to be friends before? And they just fell out? Maybe they could have dated? So many questions are chasing around my head like a dog does a bone. And it is not good, I have to concentrate on getting my grade point average up.

Ever since I have gotten back from personal leave the work seems to pile on. I have so much to get done and have not gotten to it yet. My MacBook is opened to try to attempt to write this paper for History but it will not happen.

It is not going to happen.

Nope, not today. 

I shut off my Macbook and crawl underneath my covers. My phone lays beside me in bed. And it glows whenever I have a notification. I see that it keeps glowing on and on so I reach over to it. 

Charlie:

Sorry, have not been contacting you. I have been in New York City. Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?

Charlie reached out to me first.

Not the father of my baby.

But Charlie. 

I am so disappointed in Shawn right now. So the anger builds as I type my response to Charlie. 

Me: 

Sounds great let me get ready.