34

A/N I rewrote this part because I hated the last part. 

Charlie arrives in under twenty minutes. My mom invites him in and offers him some peppermint tea. It is the same tea she used to give me right after dinner. Charlie smiles as he takes both of faded grey mugs with Florida written in cursive. 

I was already in the living room watching him. He changed his clothes from before no more business attire. Now it was a loose white t-shirt that outlines his muscular body and tight white jeans. His brown hair is all spike up and frozen like it got caught in a bad windstorm. Charlie appears more carefree now, and less of a threat than before. 

But still a threat nonetheless. No matter how much illogical my mind is currently deducing the attractiveness of Charlie. He is out to hurt Shawn, for whatever reason. And Shawn basically abandoned me.

The images of Shawn and Cameron fucking each other is popping into my mind. And it is literally making my stomach turn. I take a few deep breaths because if not I am literally going to puke all over my mom's red rose carpet. 

"I wish I could have met you before Shawn," Charlie confesses into my ear. "I would have never put you into that psychotic shit." 

"But, you did not and that is the reality," I state then sip on the lukewarm peppermint tea. It is a bit strong. But Panda seems to like it because I down the rest of the tea.

"Well, I am going to leave you two alone," My mom replies then gives me the eye. Like she thinks I am going to give Charlie a good shag. "So if you need anything you just let me know." She replies then grabs her purse then heads out the door.

"Your mom is pretty cool," Charlie compliments. "Where is your dad?" 

"Who the fuck knows he left a long time ago. I do not even know if they officially divorced," I reply sadly. And this will be my life now, Shawn being a deadbeat and me struggling to take care of our child. I am literally repeating their mistakes, and it is heartbreaking. 

"It must have been hard when your dad left," Charlie replies sympathetically while holding my hand.

"Don't go Oprah on my bruh the past is in the past," I remark. Even though the bitterness is still there. But I should get over it. No used to hold a grudge. It won't make bring my dad back. 

"You are right Austin the past in the past and now you should put Shawn there. I doubt he is never going to come back." Charlie state boldly.

"You are bold as fuck," I remark. "You must love other people's tragedies."

"Only Shawn's," Charlie states then moves his body closer to mines. "Look, you think about it. I can give you better than what Shawn could ever give you. And I would certainly treat you better."

"It is not about that it is more complicated Charlie," I say in a voice barely above a whisper. I rub my stomach. Charlie's eyes move over to it. "There is a major thing that keeps me bound to Shawn."

"Did he give you HIV?" Charlie questions.

"Fuck you that is nothing to joke about!" I exclaim then playfully shove him. He pulls me into his lap. His fingers twirl around my black bangs. "Tell me more about the other sugar baby of Shawn's you had."

He has answers to questions that I am going to ask. Might as well dig as much as I can. While I have Charlie in his weakness. 

"Thomas? Well, I did love him. I thought he was the one. He died last year in a plane crash. I was actually going to pop the question whenever he came back. I mourned for a good three months," Charlie remarks full of sadness. 

"And how did you get him?"

"He just broke up with Shawn. He got my number and we went from there. Never to look back. That bitch Cameron thinks I stole Thomas from Shawn whenever I did not. Cameron always liked to live in a different reality."

"I rather not talk about him," I state as for making a retching sound. Why ruin the atmosphere with such unpleasantness? 

"Good because he is a wasted space that should be erased," Charlie replies without hesitation. The hate he has for Cameron is almost an equal to the hate he contains for Shawn. 

"If you hate Shawn so much why are you wanting to do a merger with him?"

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Shawn is a minnow swimming with sharks. He has weaknesses. And the better he never realized them. Makes better for me in the end," Charlie laughs. 

So he wants to take Shawn down. His ambition is a bit uneasy as it is a turn on. Charlie apparently does not care for those who stand in his path. He will literally get them out of his way. 

"And what are your weakness, Charlie?"

"I have none," Charlie states then raises his mouth to mines and then gives me a passionate kiss.