Chapter 2

----------
Claudia
----------

I walked to the track when I saw Chloe flirting with my brother. Chloe is cool and all, but she's very stuck up.

"Alright girls." Our coach separated us from the boys and I couldn't help but feel like someone was staring at me. I glanced over and I swear Ethan was taking the soul out of my body.

"What?" I mouthed then he rolled his eyes and looked away.

"I think he likes you." Chloe leaned in to whisper in my ear and I rolled my eyes.

"Far from it. He's a jerk."

"He can be, but he's mostly a good guy." I looked over at him sitting in a circle with the rest of the guys stretching.

----------

"Where's our brothers?" I walked to Ethan after practice was done.

"They left." He glared at me then walked towards the locker rooms.

"Do you need a ride? I'm sure they're at my house." Talking to him made me more nervous than I've ever been. He's so intimidating.

"No, I'll walk."

"Seriously Ethan. I'm giving you a ride. Get changed and meet me at my car." I don't know where that came from. I surprised myself.

I walked into the locker rooms and quickly changed out of my uniform, then walked out to my car where I saw Ethan leaning up against it. "Don't think because you're giving me a ride that I like you. Because I don't. At all."

"Well, good for you. I have to run to the drug store." We got into my car and I started it then drove out of the parking lot.

"Just take me to your house first." He groaned

"No. This is my car." I rolled my eyes

"How long is this gonna take?" He whined

"30 minutes, tops. I have to take it to my grandmother. She's sick."

"Oh. Sorry." He got quiet. I think he feels bad.

"It's fine."

We got to the store and I parked in one of the lanes, then Ethan and I got out.

"You can stay in the car if you want."

"I have to get something."

"Okay." I shrugged and walked into the store behind Ethan.

----------

Ethan and I got to my house about 20 minutes later and we immediately walked around the house to the backyard where Grayson and Colton sat on the pool chairs wet.

"Where have you guys been? School got out two hours ago." Grayson asked

"Sorry we go to practice unlike you two." Ethan said as he sat on the same chair as Colton and I sat next to Grayson.

"When's mom and dad gonna be home?" Colton asked scrolling through his phone.

"They're working overnight. Mom said they have surgeries."

"Your parents are surgeons?" Grayson asked

"Yeah, that's how they met." Colton added

"No wonder." Ethan scoffed. Prick.

"Do you ever shut up? It's like every word that comes out of your mouth is some insult." I'm so sick of him. I'm nothing but nice to him and he treats me like I'm a horrible person.

"She snapped." My brother laughed.

"You're so annoying." I stood up and walked up the steps to the patio and inside, throwing myself on the couch.

I looked at a tall figure walking up the steps and soon realized it was Grayson. He opened up the door and sat down next to me.

"What are you gonna be a dick as well?"

"No, I'm just coming to say I think what Ethan said was fucked up."

"It's okay, you can bash on me too, your brother does it all the time."

"I'm not my brother."

"Just go hang out with your friends."

"Claudia. I've been here every day for two weeks, I hope you realize I consider you my friend also. You're cool. Sometimes cooler than my brother."

I huffed. A little because what he said was funny, but I don't know if I really believe him.

"Look, let's go swimming, and just ignore them. If you haven't realized they're idiots."

"I have homework to do. It's fine, go hang out with them."

"Then we can do our homework together. I spend every day with them." He winked at me which for some reason made me blush.

"Fine, let's go to the dining room." I stood up and walked to the dining room, Grayson following close behind.

"I'm gonna grab my bag from Colton's room." He stood up and walked through the kitchen around the corner and up the steps. I admired him walking away because let's face it, he's gorgeous, and deserves to be looked at.

"What are you looking at?" My brother and Ethan walked inside and Colton stared at me looking down the empty hallway.

"Nothing. Leave me alone." I stood up and walked to the fridge pulling out a Gatorade for Grayson and I.

"Where's Grayson?" Colton asked as him and Ethan sat down at the island behind me.

"Getting his bag so we can study." I opened up my Gatorade and began to drink it.

"What are you trying to get in his pants?" Ethan asks and I spit out my drink as Grayson jogged down the steps.

"Yo, are you okay?" Grayson walked up to me and put his hand on my back.

"She wants to bone." Ethan said with a chuckle.

Really? What's his deal? I swear I can't even breathe around him.

"No. I don't. I never said that."

"But you're thinking it." Ethan added with a wink. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag from the dining room table then walked passed Grayson to go upstairs.

"Ethan. Leave the girl alone. Fuck for hating her so much you seem to go out of your way to piss her off quite a lot."