Chapter 43

----------
Ethan
----------

My feet padded across the cold tile floor. Two male nurses on each side of me, one of their hands on my back. The smell of cleaning supplies filled my nose.

"Dolan. Meds." The female nurse said as we got to the counter.

"Come on, you and I both know they're bullshit. I'm just swallowing chemicals." I shrugged, a blank expression on my face.

"Do you want to be restrained again?" She asked, her facial expression clearly annoyed.

"If you're there." I winked at her.

"Just take your medicine." She slid the small paper cup to me and then handed me another cup of water.

"Dolan." One of the male nurses handed me the meds and I grabbed them, not wanting to.

"My name's Ethan, but thanks." I rolled my eyes and poured the pills into my mouth. I grabbed the cup of water and swallowed the white and yellow pills.

"You have a visitor." One of the male nurses said.

"Tell Grayson I don't want to see him." I said as I walked towards my room.

The other male nurse stopped me in the middle of the hallway. "It's mandatory."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the room where visitors would wait. I saw her long brown hair and glasses rested on the bridge of her nose.

"I don't need to talk to her." I said as I turned to the nurses.

"She's your therapist. You're talking to her." One of the nurses said as he crossed his arms.

"Well can we at least get some privacy?" I asked with attitude.

"We'll walk you to your room, but we have to stand in the doorway." I rolled my eyes and I walked to my room, the three of them following me.

I sat down on one of the comfortable blue chairs, my therapist sitting across from me, in the other one.

"So Ethan. How have to been?" She crossed her legs and put her pen and paper in hand.

I scoffed, "You act like you don't already know the answer to that." I leaned back in the chair, and put my elbow on the round table, leaning my face on my fist.

"I asked because I want to see your opinion."

"My opinion? I don't have a fucking opinion here. This place is bullshit." I snapped

"If you start participating in the group work, then you will eventually go home Ethan. But you have to act like you're capable of being safe while you're home." I inhaled and exhaled deeply and she just stared at me.

"And you think I'm safe here? This place is driving me insane, not like I wasn't there before." I shrugged

"Claudia stopped by yesterday." My heart started racing but I stayed quiet. She no longer means anything to me. "Do you want to see her?"

"It doesn't matter what I want anymore. She shouldn't see me in a place like this." I looked down at the table and noticed the wood chipped off the corners.