Chapter 33

----------
Claudia
----------

"It's good to be back in school. Before we know it, the snow will start melting and the weather will get warmer." I said as Ethan and I sat in 2nd hour waiting for class to start.

"I can't wait to spend the summer with you." Ethan winked at me and put his hand on my lap.

I watched the door swing open right before class started and in walked Brady who sat on the other side of the classroom.

Moron.

"So how was Moka last night? I'm sorry I couldn't stay the night, my dad wanted us home."

"She was really good when you left. We went potty outside, then went to bed." I pulled out my phone to show him a picture I took of Moka.

"I took this, this morning. She was slumped after playing all day yesterday." Ethan puckered out his bottom lip and zoomed in to her face.

"I never thought I'd love a dog like I'd love my first born, but here we are." He laughed a little.

"She's special." I said then Ethan winked at me and our teacher started with lessons.

----------

"Hi Moka. Did you have fun at daycare?" Ethan and I went to go pick her up after school at her doggy daycare and she ran up to us.

"We're gonna take you to Daddy's house today. Okay?" Ethan picked up Moka, her leash hanging from Ethan's arms as we waved goodbye to the workers, then walked to Ethan's car.

"So the guy said she was really good and that she went potty outside like she's supposed to." I told Ethan as we got in the car.

"Good job Moka. High five." Ethan took Moka's paw and high fived her.

"I can take her while you drive." I told Ethan.

"That's okay, I want her in my lap." I smiled at Ethan, and let Moka sit in his lap for the car ride home.

We got to Ethan's house soon after, and he ran with Moka inside.

I grabbed our bags from the backseat and walked in to Ethan and Moka playing in the living room.

"Babe. She's such a good dog." Ethan said as he tried to take the rope from Moka.

"I know. We've only had her a day and she's already doing so good." I said as I set down our bags, then walked to Ethan and sat down next to him on the floor.

"Let's enjoy it while it lasts." He said and I agreed.

We both stood up and made our way to the couch where we sat down and Ethan pulled out his phone, Moka just playing with her toys.

"Shit. Babe I'm sorry I completely forgot I have to work at four today." Ethan said as he set his phone down.

"That's okay, I'll just take Moka to my house."

"You can stay here if you want. I get off at ten though." Ethan shrugged

"That sounds fine, but I don't want to intrude."