Chapter 9

----------
Claudia
----------

I woke up still facing Ethan, but my leg no longer on him. I looked around and saw that Colton and Grayson were already up.

Ugh. What time is it?

"Ethan." I rubbed his shoulder and he darted up quickly. "Everyone's awake. Want me to let you sleep?"

"Did you sleep well?" He ignored my question, but I don't mind because he's acting like he can actually tolerate me for once.

"Yeah, thank you." I got up, unzipped the tent, slid on my Gucci slides and walked over to everyone laughing and eating breakfast.

"Good morning sweetheart. Did you sleep good?" My dad handed me a plate of hot food and I sat down next to Grayson.

"Yeah, for the most part."

"So, How was cuddling with Ethan last night?" Grayson smirked and leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"It was the only way I could get comfortable." I whispered back shrugging.

"Riiiiiight." He giggled a little then turned back to his food. I heard movement coming from the left of me, and saw Ethan walk to the table and sit across from me.

"Alright kids, do you guys wanna take the boat onto the lake today?" My dad asked as he handed food to Ethan.

"Yeah that'll be fun." I smiled at my dad and glanced at Ethan who rolled his eyes.

What's wrong now?

----------

"It's so gorgeous here. I've never been before." Grayson sat next to me, looking around at the lake that was surrounded by trees.

"Yeah."

I can't get off my mind how rude Ethan's being today. He's constantly mumbling under his breath when I say things, but only when my parents aren't around.

"Don't listen to him, he's dumb."

"Not the point, like I thought he was actually starting to like me as a person, but he's still the same dick I know."

"He's going through some hard times lately." Grayson shrugged

"Well maybe he can work on not taking it out on me." I snapped at Grayson.

"Don't get mad at me Claudia. He's trying."

"Are you seriously siding with him? You're supposed to be my best friend in this situation."

"I'm his best friend too, Claudia. Quit overreacting." I looked at Grayson and saw him roll his eyes, which made my skin start to boil.

We shouldn't have invited them.

"You think I don't go through things too? Because I do, but I'm still nice to him."

"Claudia, just cut him some slack, he'll come around. I promise." Grayson reached over and grabbed my hand, lacing his with it.