Chapter 21

----------
Ethan
----------

Australia. We got here yesterday morning. Colton told me it was their grandma's favorite place in the world, so this is where they're having her funeral. He said it's what she would've wanted.

Watching Claudia get mentally prepare for Grandma's funeral was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I tried to get her out of bed for hours, and then finally carried her to the bathroom. Her face was emotionless and she stayed silent.

"Baby, come on. You have to get ready." I set her on the counter and she just slouched. Her body almost lifeless. It hurts me so fucking much.

I held the sides of her face and made her eyes look into mine. Her eyes were black and showed sadness in them. Please, I need to make her feel better, but I don't know what to do.

"Claudia, it's okay, you'll be okay, but you have to get ready." I moved the hair out of her face and she continued to stare blankly at me.

"It hurts too much." I felt a weight lift off my shoulders when she spoke. I know she's okay, she's just really hurt.

"You haven't done anything the passed three days, it's time to get up." I gently kissed her forehead but she stayed still, seeming unaffected.

"She was my best friend Ethan. The person I went to for everything. When I didn't want to be here anymore, when I was in my darkest days, she was always the person I went to. She knew exactly how to make me feel better, and nobody has ever done that before." I felt a single tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away and hugged her tightly. Her arms loosely wrapped around my neck.

"I can't act like I know what you're going through, because I don't. But I do know that you have an amazing family that's there for you." I whispered into her ear and she gently tilted her head to touch mine.

"I just can't go, I'm sorry. It's okay if you go without me." She hopped off the counter and I followed her as she went back to the bed and covered up with the thick comforter.

"Claudia." I walked to her side of the bed, and crouched down by her face. "You flew over 20 hours to come here. You're going to the funeral whether you like it or not."

I pulled the blanket off Claudia and she stayed curled up in a ball. "I'm doing this, because I care." I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom.

"Take your clothes off." I whispered gently to her and she just stared at me, not saying anything.

"Don't look." She held the bottom of her shirt and I turned away as she lifted the shirt over her head.

I fought the urge to turn back around and admire her body but caved in and looked at her.

Fuck this girl is absolutely gorgeous when she's vulnerable. "I said not to look." Her voice a soft whisper.

"I don't care, you deserve to be looked at." I grabbed her face and brought her lips to mine, slowly bringing her bare hips into my body. And the way her lips always fit mine perfectly sends warmth and sparks through my body.

I separated from her, my hand still on her hip. "Go shower, and do all of your other girly things. We're going to the beach later." I opened the shower for her, and watched her walk in, admiring her beauty.

"I'll be right out there okay?" She nodded and I walked out of the bathroom then grabbing my clothes for the funeral, laying them out on the bed.

I laid in the bed on my phone and heard the shower water turn off. "E, can you bring me my robe?"

"Yeah." I got off the bed and walked to her suitcase, grabbing her bright pink robe then walked into the bathroom to hand her the robe.

"Thanks." Her hair wrapped into a towel and she tried to grab it, but I silently insisted on putting it on for her. She put one arm into the sleeve, then the other and I tied the robe around her waist.

I gently ran my hand up her body then brought it to her face and silently looked at her for a while. I saw her breathing stagger and I slightly smirked, then leaned in for the amazing kiss we share. The sparks there; as always.

"You gonna come down and eat?" I whispered after our lips separated and I leaned my forehead against hers.

"I'm not very hungry, E." Her voice soft, and it hurt knowing she's like this.

"Well how about you just come down with me?" She knows I'm gonna make her eat, so she probably won't want to come down.

"It's okay Ethan. Really." She slightly smiled but I know it was fake.

"I'm not taking that for an answer. I don't like being controlling with you, but you give me no choice." I leaned over and picked her up by her legs, throwing her over my shoulder.

"Babe, please put me down." I carried her out of the bathroom and down the steps, her grunting the whole time. I got to the living room and set her on the couch.

"You're welcome, beautiful." I winked at her and walked to the kitchen to make her plate.

After a minute, I brought her the plate of eggs, bacon and toast, and a glass of orange juice. "You better eat it all." I kissed her forehead and then grabbed food for myself and sat next to her.

"Hey kids, you just get up?" Claudia's dad walked in from outside her mom following behind him.

"We got up a bit ago, she showered." I answered

"Yeah? How'd you get her to do that? She won't talk to me." He had a smirk on his face and I looked at Claudia shake her head.

"He carried me to the bathroom like Prince Charming." She looked at me, a small smirk on her face, then looked away.

"Oh my god you're so annoying." I laughed at her and she smiled a little more.

"Okay, well I'll leave you two kids alone. Seems like you have her under control?" Her dad said as he walked towards the door to outside.

"It's not easy I can promise you that." I chuckled and watched him step outside then close the door behind him.

"Thank you." Claudia's voice was soft and I looked at her surprised.

"For what?"

"Being a good boyfriend. I didn't mean to bring my fucked up life onto you." She took a bite of her toast which was oddly attractive.

"You've done a lot for me, the least I could do is be a good boyfriend." I set my plate that was half finished on the table, and took Claudia's plate and did the same. "And don't worry, because I'll be right next to you holding your hand at the funeral." I inched my face closer to hers and she giggled pressing her lips firmly on mine.

This girl always manages to make me feel like no one else in the world and I have no idea how she does it.