Epilogue

----------
Ethan
----------
Six months later

My fingers raked through my hair as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I'm going home today.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw the other eight guys, around my age, and staff sitting in the empty room with blue walls.

"You made it Ethan. Have fun back in the real world." One of the guys I met here patted my shoulder and I smiled.

I made it.

"Ethan, here's your certificate to show that you graduated the program and made level gold." My case manager gave me a black envelope with a paper inside to indicate that I completed the program.

We all hung out until my dad and Grayson came to pick me up. "You did it Bro." Grayson said as he hugged me and patted my back.

I waved bye to the staff and my peers and then walked out of the building, feeling a sense of relief wash over me.

I'm fucking free.

We walked to the car and then my dad drove to his house.

"Ready to see Colton and dad?" Grayson asked as he shook my shoulders

"I think so, yeah." I smiled and got out of the car seeing the familiar house with an extra car parked outside.

The three of us walked in and the door and Colton and my dad saw me walk in the door, a smile creeping on my face.

"Glad to see you man, looking as handsome as ever." Colton said and I laughed as I hugged him.

I gave my dad a hug too but turned back to Colton, thinking of Claudia when i saw him.

"How's Claudia?" I asked

"You didn't hear? She moved to Florida." My stomach dropped as Colton finished his short explanation. "She got accepted into the University of Miami."

"She couldn't come visit?" I asked, expecting her to go out of her way to see me.

"E, I'm sorry. But, she gave me this." He handed me a red envelope with my name on the front.

"When'd she leave?" I asked, my feeling clearly hurt as I opened the envelope.

"Yesterday." I sat down on the couch and pulled out the neatly folded piece of paper.

Hi Ethan.

I don't really know how to start this, so I'm just gonna go straight for it.

When you're reading this I'll already be in Florida, I got accepted into the University of Miami, which is great because as you know I love the beach, and swimming.

It's been really hard getting over the fact that I can't see you, I really miss you. I hope one day in the future we can be friends again, because one thing I miss more than our relationship, is how good of a person you were deep down. You'd never let anyone feel hurt, and that's my favorite thing about you; you'd rather be unhappy if that meant the people you loved, were happy.

You're an amazing person, Ethan, and you deserve to come home, and be happy. Don't ever let anything anyone says to you get in the way of your happiness.

Maybe you can come visit me soon, because i'd love to see your 100% yourself. I love you Ethan, but I have to be here. I'm sorry I couldn't see you come home, even though I know you would've wanted to see me.

See you soon Ethan.

Ps. Moka is doing fine, I got an apartment here and she seems to be okay with it. She's grown up so much, there's a picture of her in the envelope, and a picture of us that I'll never forget.

I love you.

I reached into the envelope and pulled out the Polaroid of Moka. She's so grown up.

I reached my hand in again and pulled out a picture of Claudia and I on New Years kissing at midnight. I looked at the back and it read,

December 31st/ January 1st

12:00 am

'I'll forever love you Claudia. You're the only one for me.'

Also, if you need to get ahold of me for anything, here's my new number. Don't be afraid to use it whenever, I'll answer.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

I stared at the picture of us two, and silently put it back in the envelope, along with the letter and the other picture.

"What'd she say?" Colton asked

"I think it's better I keep this a secret." I smiled to myself and then stood up and walked to my room that was left the exact same way it was before, and put the envelope in the top drawer of my dresser.

I walked back downstairs and smiled to the three of them sitting on the couches. "Let's go eat. I'm starved!" I said and they all stood up and we walked outside.

The beginning of my new life.