Chapter 12

----------
Claudia
----------

Waking up today was a lot harder than I expected. My head pounding and the sun seeming brighter than it normally is.

I looked around the room for my phone and saw it on my bedside table. A glass of water and ibuprofen sitting next to it, a folded piece of paper on my phone.

I picked it up and unfolded the paper.

'I figured you drank too much last night, here's water and Ibuprofen. We all went to school but thought we should just let you sleep. Text me if you need anything. -E.'

I felt warmth in my stomach, grateful that he cared enough to do this. Might as well enjoy nice Ethan while it lasts, I know it won't be long.

I grabbed the pills off the table and put them in my mouth, and grabbed the glass of water, swallowing them both at the same time.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, bringing my phone. Looking at myself in the mirror, I saw makeup all around my eyes, and my hair everywhere.

"Oh cute." I mumbled to myself.

I went pee then washed my hands, then grabbed a makeup wipe out of the top drawer, running it all over my face.

I heard my phone ding on the counter and a text message appear. I put the wipe down, and picked up my phone seeing Ethan's name pop up.

'Hey, are you up? It's almost 2, do you want me to bring you food? I have a free period.'

I smiled at his thoughtfulness, surprised that good Ethan is lasting this long.

'Yeah, I'm up. And you don't have to bring me anything, I'm fine thanks.'

'Chick-fil-A sound good? I'll bring you some now.' Ooh. Chick-fil-A sounds really good, but I don't want him to spend money on me.

'You really don't have to.'

'I want to.' I felt a smile grow on my face and I finished wiping the makeup. 'I'll be there in 30'

I quickly got ready and heard the doorbell go off shortly after.

I jogged down the steps and opened the door to see Ethan with a bag of food and drinks in a cup holder. I smiled and let him in, my heart beating faster than before.

"I know you like the spicy sandwich so I got you that." I smiled wider and grabbed the drinks and walked him to the living room setting them on the table in front of the couch.

"Thanks for bringing food, you didn't have to."

"I know, I wanted to." I felt my face grow warm, and he pulled my food out of the bag, handing it to me. "I also got you a cookies and cream milk shake."

"How'd you know I liked those?" I smiled and pulled it out of the cup holder, and unwrapped the straw.

"I asked Grayson. I figured since he's your best friend, he'd know what you liked." I put the straw into my drink and took a sip.