Chapter 22

----------
Claudia
----------

"Hey, I have something for you." Ethan walked into the room, an envelope in his hand.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows and watched him sit on the bed next to me and handed me the white envelope with Claudia written on the front.

"Open it." He kissed my temple then walked out of the room.

I quickly opened up the letter, my heart dropped when I recognized the handwriting. My grandma.

'Hi honey. If you get this letter then it means I'm no longer with you guys. First off, I want to say I love you and the family so much. You've grown to be such a beautiful and intelligent woman whom I love knowing as my granddaughter.' I felt my eyes water up but wiped the tears away so they wouldn't fall onto the paper.

'Second off, I want to say how lovely your two new friends are. Ethan stopped by today. He said you're doing well, which is great news, but I know you, and you're always fine in the end. He also asked me permission to take you on a proper date and that it'd mean the most if I approved. Which I do. So tomorrow night, go with Ethan. Don't ask questions, just do what he says okay? He's got everything planned.

At the funeral, know that I'm going to be right next to you, maybe not in person, but in spirit. Also, if you cry, it's not for me, but for you. You deserve to let out your emotions, because I know you build them up a lot.

I love you so much Mija, until we meet again.

P.S. please don't forget to have fun while you can and love that handsome boyfriend of yours. He's a keeper.

Love Grandma.'

I held the paper close to my chest and let the tears silently fall. Not because I was sad, but because I have peace.

I put the paper back into the envelope and set it on my bed then got up and looked around the house for Ethan.

"Babe?" I said loudly as I walked down the steps to the living room.

"Yeah?" I saw Ethan stand up from the couch and I smiled, quickly walking over to him and giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you." He hugged me back just as tight and slightly picked me up off the ground.

"So are you on for tomorrow?" He put me back down and slightly separated from the hug.

"Absolutely." I leaned in and kissed him, every inch of my body covered in goosebumps.

----------

"Babe, are you ready?" Ethan softly knocked on the bathroom door and I fixed my hair before opening the door to see him.

My heart exploded when I saw him in his black suit and hair done. He looks gorgeous.

"You look beautiful. Oh my god." He huffed air out his nose, a smirk on his face and then walked towards me, kissing me on the lips, his chapstick slightly rubbing onto me.

"You look amazing too." I smiled and kissed him again.

Although I am extremely sad my grandma isn't here anymore, Ethan has a way of making me forget about everything around me.