Chapter 14

Some sensitive topics about sexual/domestic/ substance abuse in this chapter, so trigger warning. Don't read if it makes you uncomfortable.

----------
Claudia
----------

"So what happened Friday night? I didn't want to come up and upset you more, and you haven't been texting me back."

Grayson stopped me in the hallway at school, but I really don't want to be around anyone right now. I just want to be left alone. I never wanted to have sex with Zach, but I couldn't tell him no.

"I've gotta go Grayson." I walked away and went to class, trying to clear my mind from the stressful weekend of Zach only wanting one thing, and Ethan glaring at me every chance he got.

"Claudia, talk to me." He pulled my arm and stopped me. I looked at his eyes and all I saw was pain, which only made me feel worse.

"I can't. I'm sorry."

----------

I got home after a horrible practice and threw my bag on the couch. Practice ended about an hour ago, but I spent that time driving around New Jersey, not wanting to be in the same place as my brother or his friends.

I walked to the kitchen and looked around for anything, when my eyes met the beer I immediately pulled the entire case out and brought it with me to the living room.

Might as well get drunk so I can ignore my pain.

----------
Ethan
----------

I walked down stairs to grab a drink from Colton's fridge and saw Claudia slouching on the couch, still in her cheer uniform, two hours after practice got out.

There were empty beer cans all around her and bottles spread across the table as she laughed obnoxiously at the tv.

She's drunk.

"Why are you drunk?" I stood behind her, but she didn't bother to look back at me.

"One, I'm currently not talking to my only friend, but mainly because I can never catch a break with Ethan." She sighed and opened up another beer chugging it.

She doesn't know it's me

"It's like no matter how nice I am to him he still hates me and I don't know what I did to deserve it. I'm a good person, I always try to be as nice as possible yet he still hates me."

Fuck. I don't hate you.

"He's a really hard person to understand, but trust me, he's different than he seems." I walked away to the kitchen and grabbed a water from the fridge for Claudia.

"Drink this, you'll feel better." I held the water by her head and she turned to look at it and laughed.

"Thanks for the water!" She laughed again and I turned around to go back upstairs.

Her laugh is so perfect.

"Wait! Come drink with me!" She held her hands in the air and dancing to the music on the tv.