Chapter 30

----------
Claudia
----------

"Hey Ethan. It's time to get up. You'll be late." I rubbed his bare back as he laid in bed. His eyes open.

"Leave me alone." I furrowed my eyebrows and got closer to him.

"I made pancakes. Your favorite. They're still warm."

"Go! I want to be left alone!" He pulled the blanket over his head and I stared at him.

"Alright. I'll come check up on you in a little bit okay?" I kissed his head and he stayed quiet as I walked out of my room.

I ate then got ready for school. "Hey baby. Aren't you hungry or thirsty? I'll bring you up something."

He stayed quiet.

"I don't know what happened, but i hope you're okay. I have to go to school Ethan. I'll be back at three." I grabbed my bag and started for my doorway.

"Bye E." I walked out of my room, almost expecting him to call me back. But he didn't.

"Hey. Is Ethan not going to school today?" Grayson asked as us three walked out of the house.

"I guess not. He didn't seem very up for it. Maybe he's just sick." I shrugged my shoulders and we all got into Colton's car.

We got to the school and Grayson and I parted ways with Colton, walking together to our class.

"So did you have fun last night?" I asked Grayson.

"Yes. Thank you, by the way. I had a great birthday." I smiled at him and we paid attention to our teacher.

"I wonder what's wrong with Ethan. He seemed upset today. Maybe mad."

"You know he's like that. He still has a lot to work on."

"Yeah. I guess you're right."

----------

"Hi Babes. I brought you some food if you're hungry, which I know you are because it's 8 pm and you haven't eaten all day." I set the bag of food on my bed, and I held onto the foam cup of soda.

"Get out." He mumbled, almost inaudible.

"E. What's wrong?" I rubbed his back and he moved away from me. "Ethan."

"Get out!" He yelled not facing me.

"No! This is my room! Now tell me what the fuck's wrong?"

"Nothing! Just leave me alone!" He threw his phone across my room and I jumped. "Just leave me alone." He covered his face with the blanket again and I set the drink on the table, then got out of my bed, tears starting to form in my eyes.

I jogged down the steps and tried to brush it off. It's not a big deal, he just needs some time alone.

I grabbed a water from the fridge and Grayson walked in the kitchen with me.

"Hey, what's up with Ethan? I heard yelling." Grayson hopped onto the island and watched me pace in front of him.

"Yeah. I think he just wants to be left alone." I shrugged and opened up the water and drinking some of it.