1

She was his home, he was her happiness

Pretty woman with a child in her stomach. Her red lips curved into enchanting smile. No one could resist her, not even the Emperor.

"Imperial Consort Hua, the emperor sent silk wear and announced free taxes for Huayang Province!" Her servant inform.

She smiles even wider holding her stomach.

"good, let me pay respect to him then."

-

The Emperor was sitting with the Empress talking about state matters, at that time an eunuch announce Consort Hua's arrival.

"Good morning Imperial husband, this lowly consort wish you a long life."

"You may rise."

"This lowly consort wants to thank your Majesty for his kindness." She looked at the Empress for any sign of jealousy, but she finds none.

"You deserves it. Since you're already here, let's enjoy lunch together." The emperor instructed.

It was an awkward lunch. Before, Consort Hua the Empress are friends, so they usually visit each other. But from two years ago, the emperor started to favour Consort Hua and she became arrogant.

When the lunch was over the Empress and consort Hua take their leave.

They are two of the most influential woman in the palace. They are only 20-ish years old but they know how to rule a nation.

It is a rare sight to see them walk together. They both have luxurious hanfu, shiny gold crown, and walk of elegance. The two immortal beauties. Fresh spring air with blooming cherry blossoms at the imperial garden make the scenery heavenly. The emperor is truly lucky.

"Jiejie, meimei wants to ask you some advise on raising kids. Since Jiejie already have two children." Consort Hua is trying to provoke the empress by calling her Jiejie. This term usually used for calling higher raked Consort or concubines, not empress.

But the empress stayed still unmoved.

"Consort Hua , the last time I have a child was 4 years ago." She doesn't even bother to look at the Consort, just walk away gracefully followed by dozens of her servants.

Consort Hua smiles proudly, the empress may disgrace her. But she did make the empress say how unfavoured she is.

-
At Consort Wei's palace

"Your highness, this servant heard that the emperor just gave Consort Hua silk wear and free taxes for Huayang Province!"

"Oh, that low woman. How can she seduce his majesty to that extent!"

"We have to do something!" Gugu suggested.

"Ask someone to call Consort Yang!" The Consort say angrily.

The servant run outside and told and eunuch to send the message.

"That Consort Hua wants a respect? She must be dreaming! She's only a pretty face ! Better learn her position." Consort Wei laughs evilly.

"Gugu, send messages to my uncle Minister of Defence. We have to make a plan!"

"While that low woman thinks she wins, we have to get things done!"

Consort Wei fixes her hair pin, it is so sad that the emperor never gifted her any. But that's not the matter, when Wei Clan becomes stronger, the emperor will automatically favour her and gives her power and authority.

Nobody has ever received a hairpin from the emperor anyway!

__________

"Lu Qing Yu! Yu -er! Where are youuuu?!" A young boy shouted while running inside the palace.

"I'm here Long Gege!" Little girl smiled widely while holding a stroll. Seeing her best friend come back is so joyful.

"What is that Yu-er? Is it a poem?"

"Yes, Gege, but Yu-er haven't finished it yet. Yu-er will let Gege see it when it's done!"

"Okaaay, Gege will wait! Here! Take this water lotus, it's your favourite flower right?!" The boy handed a pot of rare white water lotus.

The girl was so amazed by the gift. "Thank you Gege! I will protect this plant!"

"Anyway, Gege is very happy today!" He hugged her playfully, "do you know why??"

Lu Yu shakes her head

"My mother told me that we are going to be married next year!"

Lu Yu didn't know why he was so happy, but smiled with him anyway.

"Yu-er, why you don't seems happy? Married means we will live together forever so we can play everyday! And I will never get bored again!" He explained so excitingly.

Thank you for reading.. please vote and share this story :) have a nice day!