46- Happy Ending?

"Your majesty, the cottage and tunnel is done." Bai lu informs the emperor.

"Finally!" He smiles as he stands and get ready to go tell the empress about this good news.

He walks quickly as he is so excited. The emperor doesn't realize when he walks pass Consort Hua who also seems like she doesn't care. What a weird scene to watch, because they used to be so lovey dovey. Bai Lu who sees this only shakes his head. It been a long time since he saw the favorite consort.

When the emperor arrived at the Phoenix Palace, an eunuch quickly announces his arrival.

"Your majesty, what brings the dragon here at this time?" The empress asks, it's not very usual the emperor visit her during midday.

"This." The emperor handed her a stroll.

"What is this?" She doesn't understand. Why is that any more paperwork when they just finished the morning assembly.

"Just open it." The emperor instructs.

The empress obediently opens the stroll, and she sees drawing of a cottage, in Shan Mountains, next to a river.  She smiles as she touches the still-wet royal stamp, indicating that it's built.

"Y-you remember.." her voice shakes, there's tears on her eyes.

"Of course." The emperor smiles proudly. Finally he did something right.

The empress runs to gives him a hug. "Thank you." She whispers and buried her face in his well-built chest.

"I love you."

____

"Mumu, pack my stuff." The empress is so excited to tell Mumu.

"What for her majesty?"

"This empress is going to the Shan Mountains tomorrow." She answers, smiling happily.

"Shan Mountains?" Mumu always knows that the empress love the scenery there, but she doesn't understand why suddenly the empress want to spent the night out of nowhere.

"Yes!" The empress just couldn't stop smiling.

"And?" Mumu demands an explanation.

"Zhang Long gege had built a cottage there, and we are going to spent a night there!" She proudly tell Mumu while brushing her hair.

Mumu can only smile at her lady because the empress sounds like a teenager that wants to brag about her boyfriend.

"So what does her majesty want to bring? Should this servant packs lacy red undergarments? Or her majesty prefers this see-through hanfu?" Mumu teases her.

The empress's face turns red hearing that. "You are so perverted!" She punches her playfully. "It's not like that! We are only going to see the cottage!" The empress denies but keeps on blushing.

"Well her majesty, this servant is a hundred percent sure that's not what the emperor thinks." Mumu winks.

"You have such dirty mind!" The empress pouts.

"This servant is just.. being realistic."

"..."

"Don't worry her majesty, leave it to Mumu!" The servant says as she excuses herself to pack for the empress.

_______

Consort Hua is walking out of her palace, her long back hair is left untied. She doesn't even wear any of her hair pieces. Her white hanfu is made from the finest silk, yet it is so simple. Something that the 'Consort Hua' would never wore.