23-What is Happening?

She was born to be an empress, but which one?

The whole world seem to stop when he kisses her. Confusion, fear and hatred mixes inside her head. But why does she hate him, or maybe it's not him that she hates, maybe it's the fact that She never felt this way and Lian Tian is-

STOP! STOP IT.

Her inner thoughts, she couldn't take it any longer. She can't, Lu Qing Yu! you really can't.

Niao Niao finally pushes the crown prince and runs away. Her head refuses to think about anything. Not rules, not manners, she just wants to meet the emperor, because she knows it will makes her heart feels better.

She gets out of the harem house as fast as possible, running at full speed. But where can she finds the emperor? In the inner court! She remembers.

Her breath are already heavy, but she keeps on pushing herself. When she finally sees the emperor, there's somehow a sense of relief. She smiles before burying her face on his chest.

"Niao Niao, what's wrong?" The emperor's voice is filled with compassion.

"..." she couldn't answer, she still needs to catch up on her breath.

The both of them doesn't care about weird stares from the head ministers.

He hugs her and kisses her forehead. The emperor knows something bad must happened, if not she won't act like this right?

"It's okay.. let's go back first." He says

"Your majesty," she stops, her heart is beating uncontrollably. "The crown prince of Lian is here. He is in our forbidden city.."

His shocked expression is so rare to see. The emperor's eyes grew bigger, why is that bastard here?! What is his plan?

"Niao Niao, lets go to my study." He pulls her closer and walks to his palace.

Niao Niao sits on the chair she always sit on, this familiar chamber. Now she's here as someone else.

"Bai Lu take some chamomile tea.." the emperor orders.

"Zhi."

"Niao Niao, make yourself comfortable.. you must have a hard day.."

"Here's the tea your majesty, my lady." Bai Lu puts the tea in front of Niao Niao. He secretly peeks at her face, is this the emperor's new lover? What is so good about her that can move the empress away from his majesty's heart?

That Niao Niao girl seems to be a normal concubine. The empress is on a different level! How could his majesty cheat on the empress?! Huh! Bai Lu is heated because of that. He somehow doesn't like her.

The emperor is only for the empress, period!

After a cup of tea, Niao Niao feels better.

"Is there anything else bothering your mind?"

"Emm.. no-pe."

"You can have a rest here tonight." He tells her.

"In your bedroom..?" The emperor, he told her to sleep in his OWN bedroom? Even the empress only sleep there once a year!

"No, in my study.. well, of course!" He brushes her hair and laughs.

"Th-thank you.."

"Oh wait, I have something for you." He hands her a box and opens it in front of her. A hairpin. A white jade hairpin.

"For me?"

"Yeah.." he scratches his head. Smiling to her.

This.. how is Niao Niao having so much luck compared to the empress?