34- That's Love

The empress couldn't sleep that night. She feels disgusting. She knows that her relationship with the crown prince is wrong, but she never expected that the emperor will find out..

Now what?

He must hates her even more.

She cries again for the tenth time that night. Her eyes turns red, hurting. Even Mumu seems to be angry at her. That's it, this is the end. Nothing could save her.

As the night getting deeper, the empress finally convinced her brain to fall asleep.

__

Flashback to a few weeks ago when the crown prince hasn't realised that Niao Niao is the Empress.

It is snowing in the harem house even though it's almost summer. But weirdly, the flowers bloom like it's spring.

"What are you doing Niao Niao?" A familiar voice asks.

"What are you doing here crown prince?" She asks the same question but with different atmosphere.

"Hmm.. let me see.. I want to meet with my future wife." He smiles cheekily.

"Whatever!" She moves to the other side of the table.

"So.. you are writing something?" The crown prince peeks to see the stroll in front of Niao Niao. "You are such a literate woman, how lucky I am?"

She just ignores him.

"Crown prince, please stop following me.." she stands and walks away.

"Niao Niao!" He calls her out. "Why?"

"Because we are impossible! That's why. Is it that hard to understand?" Niao Niao lets go her frustration.

The crown prince smiles, holding her hands. "It's persistence what's make a man."

Niao Niao frowns as she's confused.

"I have witnessed a poor orphan married a princess. And you tell me that we are impossible?"

"H-how?" A poor orphan? The crown prince must be joking! Their status are too far from each other.

"They are currently expecting a baby now.."

"I don't believe in you!"

"It's because they love each other, and they are willing to fight for their love." The crown prince says, clearly admiring them.

"..."

"On the other side you are here, married to the emperor. But you don't seem happy." He observes. "Don't you think you will be happier if you become my empress?"

Niao Niao stood there in silence, digesting the offer that has just been thrown at her.

"I think so. I think I will be happier if I go with you. I'm having a very hard time here.. and being one husband's love and his only one is every girls' dream. But-"

"What kind of love makes you suffer so much?" He cuts her off, asking the real question.

Niao Niao looks down at her feet. Taking a deep breath before answering him.

"This kind of love, even when I know that you will make me happier, when I'm completely aware that being with you will make everything better. But I still want to be with him, this is a love like that."

".." the crown prince is stunned by her explanation. All this time he tries to prove how content she will be if together with him, but she had been knew from the start.

"Crown prince, you said I'm a logical person, well you are right. Since the first time you confessed, my brain had been begging me to go with you. It will be like a dream come true." She smiles as she looks at him. "But I can't, as much as I wish that dream to come true. I want to be with my husband even more. I have a family with him, and I love him more than anything I could ever imagine."

"..that..I.." The crown prince couldn't say anything in reply.

"But you are a very nice person, the nicest man I know. You will eventually find someone that loves you-"

"I will still be loving you." He quickly says. It's not that easy to forget his first love.

"Crown prince.."

"Well, you choose to love him and I can't do anything about it. But I also can choose the girl that I want to love.." He looks at her with sincerity.

"But-"

"Don't feel sorry.. it's my own choice." He smiles.

That night the empress and crown prince has the same dream.

______

Return to present time

The emperor is busy planning his horse-washing-date with the empress. Actually he hasn't ask her yet, but he gets all excited by himself so he couldn't sleep. He wants to make sure to make everything perfect.

A sleepy Bai Lu stands not far from him, thinking.

This emperor really bad at this. He doesn't even know the basics!

Even Bai Lu who is an eunuch know how to make a good date. Ckckck!

"Ehem.. Bai Lu, what clothes do I better wear?"

Oh lord, not like it would affect the date!

"Just wear anything that makes your majesty feel comfortable.."

"If I wear my royal robe will I look like a tyrant?" He genuinely asks, "like someone who is so proud to be the emperor?"

BUT YOU ARE THE EMPEROR!

"Then what clothes does your majesty have in mind?" Bai Lu just going to play along with him.

"Like a normal clothes.. like what a normal people will wear(?)" The emperor couldn't explain what he meant.

Is he going on a date or wanting to act like a hostler?

"Hmm.."

"That's better right? This emperor will look more humble?"

"...sure your majesty will look more humble.."

The emperor smiles proudly like he has made an awesome decision.

Oh, just go back to ruling the country.. Dating really isn't your thing.

But that's good news for Bai Lu because it will ruin the date.

"Your majesty, make sure to not take off your robe, no matter how wet it is."

"Why?"

Because every girl will drool if they see you shirtless. Have you seen your own abs? That broad chest and amazing back, your waist and muscular built.. also that butt.. who could resist it?! .. Oh Lord what are you thinking Bai Lu?! The emperor is empress's! You don't have crush on him. You are not gay! NOT GAY!

"Erggh.." Bai Lu tries to erase his unholy thoughts. "Because she will feel sexualized, and nobody like to feel like that!"

"You are right, I also don't want her to feel like that.."

Okay.

Thanks for reading! Shoutout to everyone following me.. also thank you for always voting, commenting and loving this story!

Have a nice day! ❤️