35- Asking Her Out

"Bai Lu! Come here!" The emperor shouts.

"Zhi." It is too early in the morning, why is the emperor call him so hastily?

"Faster!" The emperor is impatient.

"Zhi!" Bai Lu runs as fast as he could to the chamber and hoping nothing went wrong.

"Your majesty, what is th-he matter?" Bai Lu tries to catch his breath.

"Tell me, do I look good in this robe?" The emperor puts his hands on his waist, showing off his robe.

What? All this just for a robe?! At four in the morning! Is he being serious right now?

Bai Lu stares in disbelief. The emperor woke him up like there's fire burning the chamber but actually just about a robe? Whether he looks good or not?

"Isn't it the usual robe that your majesty would wear?" Bai Lu finally answer, still breathing heavily.

The emperor looks at his robe, a little disappointed. "It actually.. has more gold embroidery.." He touches the gold part sadly.

"Ah.. really?" Bai Lu surely didn't notice, especially with him being sleepy.

"..yes." The emperor silently took off his robe, thinking what should he wear to impress the empress.

Seeing the emperor feeling so down, Bai Lu feels bad. "Your majesty, I think the robe looks good on you.." he says.

Saying that won't hurt right? Even though he looks the same as he usually did. Like, who else will dress better than the emperor?

"Really?" The emperor's moods suddenly brightens up.

"Zhi."

"Great! Now.." The emperor looks around. "Which shoes suit this robe the best?"

Is the emperor possessed? He never cares about these kind of stuff before.. but now he's being too meticulous about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

Seeing Bai Lu's confused face, the emperor says "I'm going to ask her out today, of course I need to look good." He straighten his back and clears his throat.

He says that like it will resonate his extremely unusual behavior. Well, no. Even asking a girl out is weird. He is the emperor! He surely doesn't need to impress anyone.

"Zhi." Bai Lu is in loss of word so he just reply formally.

"Okay.. now I'm ready!"

"Wait, didn't your majesty says that you want to look humble?"

"Hmm.. I did say that." The emperor realizes. "Wait, should I just wear normal clothes?"

"Eh? Obviously not to the morning assembly.."

"Should I bring flowers for her?" The emperor suddenly changes the subject.

"What flower should this servant prepare?" Bai Lu asks halfheartedly.

"..Lotus?"

"Do you mean the water plant, your majesty? It's kind of unusual."

"But she likes it."

Just like the empress.

_______

Bai Lu walks faster to catch up to the emperor. He is almost running at this point, but the emperor shows no sign of slowing down.

"Ekhem!" The emperor stops right before entering the hall and clears his throat.

He straighten his back and wipes his robe like there's anything on it.

Bai Lu just stare at him in silence.

"Bai Lu, why am I so nervous?" His face is all red and he found it is hard to breath.

Bai Lu frowns. "Please calm yourself, your majesty! The morning assembly will start shortly."

"Yeah." His heart is pounding too fast as he sees the empress already sits on her throne.

The emperor walks slowly to his place, eyeing the empress. He tries so hard to control his breath.

After he sits, the meeting starts. But his mind is not there.

"Today's agenda is about the Lian's proposal!" The prime minister informs.

Oh, the empress looks good in that red robe, she clearly care about colors and texture that fits her best. But actually, she will look good in everything. Hmm.. look at that! Her sleeve has some gold details! Is that means we have one heart? Must be because we are fated to be together! The emperor smiles by himself.

Every girl must envy her features, her cheeks looks like cute tofu! If I could touch it.. He raised his hand unconsciously, getting the attention of the whole room.

"Yes your majesty?"

"Eh?"

"Is there anything that bothers your majesty?" The empress next to him asks.

Oh my! How sweet of her! She's so caring and mind other people..

Silence

The emperor realizes that everybody is waiting for his answer. He doesn't even know what is the meeting about! He's too busy daydreaming about the empress.

"Yes, this emperor wants to ends today's meeting."

Everyone is confused, because they are still in the middle of a discussion.

"What are you waiting for? The emperor says to end the meeting now!" Bai Lu repeats what the emperor says.

Bai Lu exhale his breath, this must be because the emperor want to meet his lover sooner..

"Em..empress?" The emperor stutters.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Hm, do you-do you have anything to do after t-this?" His hands is shaking heavily and he can't talk properly.

"Not really.."

Cold sweat starts to drips and his face is blushing.

Seeing the emperor acting weird and shaking, the empress is concerned.

"Are you okay, your majesty? Are you sick?"

"No-no I'm okay.. perfectly fine!" He says but he doesn't look fine at all.

The empress still stares at the emperor because he looks like he's about to faint. But that's just making the emperor feels more nervous!

"So, if you don't have anything to do, would you mind to go out with me?" He says that so fast, the empress thought she hears wrong.

Eh? "Sure.."

"Okay, see you." The emperor quickly stands and leaves. He's so nervous!

Hello! Thank you for reading..

If you vote comments and share that would be so much appreciated!

Have a nice day 💕