14- Wo de Huang Li Niao

*my oriole bird- in Chinese history symbolises lover who meet again/ reunion. Oriole bird always pictured as a pair.

*Niao Niao is empress's nick name

"This emperor is bored, do you know how to play chess?"

The concubine is hesitant.

"You don't want to accompany me?"

"Nubi, doesn't dare."

They sit together at a pavilion, facing each other. The concubine is busy preparing the chess, or in this case pretending to be busy.

"Should this emperor calls you Niao Niao?" He starts a conversation.

__

At the Phoenix Palace

"Mumu, prepare my clothes."

"Is your majesty going to the harem house again tonight?" Mumu understands that the empress is not feeling happy because Consort Hua just born a child. A girl can get jealous too, even if she's the empress.

"Mumu, I have to finish my project."

What project? The one that her majesty make so she could go away from her title? The one that she does when she's upset?

But Mumu can only pity her. The empress said numerous times that she will forget the emperor but Mumu knows deep inside she her heart remains for him.

The empress goes to the harem house in order to make a report about concubine's life. At night there's not many concubines playing outside, but she sees a group of concubines chatting not far from harem hall.

She hides behind a bush and start writing. The empress smiles, because they look so happy. She writes everything she sees. Even take a note to herself that no matter what situation you are in, You can always be positive and happy.

At this moment a guy suddenly come and scare her. The empress lost her balance and fall to his feet.

"What are you doing?" He says.

Wait, this voice.. is the emperor's. oh no! What should she does?

She fake her voice and apologises to the emperor, hoping that he will let her go. If not, this is a dead end.

"This emperor is bored, do you know how to play chess?"

And yeah, they finally play chess together.

"Should this emperor calls you Niao Niao?" He starts a conversation.

The empress lifts her head, and she finds his eyes is starring at her.

Niao Niao? It's way too casual. Emperor usually only addresses his concubines with their family name. Like, concubine Huang.

"..that will be my pleasure." She answers.

"Okay Niao Niao should we start?"

The empress tries her best to lose. But she couldn't make it too obvious or the emperor will notice.