19- Go Out with Me

Niao Niao bit her bottom lip. She's not dreaming right? They are still riding the horse together, going to small alleys with high speed.

"Your majesty where are we going?"

"There's a lantern festival in the capital.. we are going there."

Can the destination be a little further? Niao Niao secretly enjoy his hug, and the cold wind on her face.

"I don't remember how the capital looks like." Niao Niao is so excited, she holds the emperor's hand tightly.

"I know.. that's why I bring you here." The emperor smiles to himself. He should take her out sooner if he knows she would be this happy.

The capital is so crowded, many couples going to the festival. Colourful lights makes the atmosphere more lively. Sellers shouting to promote their products, kids running around, well, so not classy. But somehow they enjoy being there.

"Niao niao, here!" The emperor handed her Bing Tang Hu Lu. "As I promised.."

"Your majesty, lest go there!" She points at a crowded place.

"Wait Niao Niao, we need to get you hairpin first" the emperor reminds her.

"Oh! Right! I almost forgot.." she touches her untied hair.

"Come! Come! See these beautiful hairpins! Young master, give your wife hairpins to prove your love!" The seller shouted.

They walk closer to the shop to see the hairpin. Of course it was far from her usual gold hairpins. But if it's the emperor who buys it for her, it is better than any hairpins.

"Oh my god! Lady, you are so pretty! Here! Have this one!" The seller gives her flowery hairpin. "Master, you are so lucky, your wife is so pretty.. but young lady, don't go out too often." The seller hands her the hairpin.

"Why is that ma'am?"

"You know, if the emperor sees you His Majesty might force you to become his concubine. I heard that he is a womaniser!" The seller whispers.

"What?! Who tells you that?!!!" The emperor could not believe it. Where do they get that information? WHO GOSSIPS ABOUT THE EMPEROR?! "That's not true! I can guarantee that it is a false information!" The emperor still argues.

"Okay..okay.." Niao Niao laughs naughtily, pulling the emperor away from the seller.

After awhile, Niao Niao still laughs at the funny comment.

"Let's go there now!" The emperor pulls Niao Niao closer, because a fat drunk man is about to crash to her.

"Huh?"

"What is this? Why is it so crowded." The emperor tip toe to see. "It's an archery competition.."

"Wow! Let's see." They walks closer to see clearer.

"Came on! Is that everyone? Show your skills! If you win against my young master, he will give you golds!"

"Your majesty, why don't you join this competition?"

"His young master is not even a good archer. His name is Bai Tao Hu, the second child of Officer Bai in northern province. I think even you could win against him!"