51- See You

The sun finally rises, every one in Hua Palace is strained including the crown prince. Tutu enters the chamber first to see.

"Good morning my lady." She greets her.

"Good morning." Consort Hua smiles. "The gods are good, don't they?"

"Of course my lady."

"But today might be the last time they are this generous."

"Don't say that my lady, there's still hope."

"Tutu, I have done hoping." She smiles. "Take the best hanfu I own and the grandest jewelry. I want to look good today."

"My lady.." Tutu understand what the consort mean, but she is not ready yet.

"Tutu, today, don't disprove me."

"Zhi." Tutu nods sadly and takes the things that Consort Hua instructed.

Light pink hanfu with green details. Her hairpins are beautiful but not over the top. Tutu helps her to do her hair elegantly. With simple and natural make up, Consort Hua looks like a goddess.

"My lady looks amazing today." Tutu compliments her.

"Thank you."

"My lady, the crown prince would like to meet you."

"I will meet him in my pavilion."

"Zhi."

-

It is quite at the pavilion. Beautiful cherry blossom is blooming around the pond. The crown prince walks closer to her, anticipating.

"Good morning, Hua Xiao Tan." He smiles.

"Ask me."

"Huh?"

"Everything. Everything that you want to know." Consort Hua is referring to his 'I don't know' calligraphy.

"There's no need, I figured it out already." He picks up a flower and place it on his hand, looking at it carefully.

"What do you think of me?"

"The flower* is beautiful today." *Hua means flower. 花

"Yeah."

"..."

"Can you give me an answer? About what I told you yesterday."

"Consort Hua.. this.."

The consort smiles, she understands. He doesn't like her back. She gulps because her heart is secretly sinking.

"Do you think I look good?" Her heart hurts so much but she tries to act tough.

"Even a blind person couldn't deny your beauty."

She smiles hurtfully. "I know. I know that." For once, she wants to be more than just a beautiful face, but she is only that after all.

"I wish I have more time to know you. You are the toughest person I know."

After he says that, the consort falls down.

"Are you okay?!" He panicks.

"I'm happy that in my last days, I can meet you."