40- How About Him.

The empress doesn't understand what's wrong with the emperor. He acts so absurdly. Right now he is STILL washing her horse diligently.

In the empress's imagination, they can have a romantic date even though the date is washing the horse. Something like splashing the water to each other and some romantic stuff. But no.

She exhale her breath, it was so cold. But the empress forces herself to wash the horse faster, so it will be done faster.

______

[flashback to 'Final Decision']

He doesn't know what to do anymore. It's like she crushes his whole universe. The empress is just sitting by herself in her pavilion after she reject him.

The crown prince smiles, " I should stop stalking at her now, shouldn't I?"

He knows he will never find someone like her ever again, "maybe in my next life.." he thinks to himself. A tear falls down to his cheek, and without him knowing, he cries. Something inside him is killing him slowly. His heart.

When the crown prince realizes that he is crying, he quickly hops to another tree. Going away from the empress's palace.

He moves swiftly out of Zhang's forbidden city to the river, where he told his mom about the girl he loves. Lu Qing Yu.

"She loves someone else.. what should your son do?" The crown prince wipes his tears. "I love her, I really do."

The crown prince touches the water, seems like he can feels his mother presence. A loving presence of his late mother, something that he lost years ago. He does not know that he will be capable of loving ever again.

He lost his heart and feelings. This is the last time he will be loving someone.

All that come after love is misery.

Maybe happiness will come after hatred.

He slept under a tree by the river with that as his last thought. In this cruel world, only the most evil will survive.

-
"My Son.."

"My son.."

"My little Lian Tian.."

The crown prince wakes up when he hears his late mother's voice.

But the voice is fading, like she is going away from him.

He sees white and it is so cold. Somehow he is exhausted, but he still wants to find his mother.

The voice leads him in to the river, calling him even more lovingly. Her voice gives a hint of warmth in this cold cold world. And for that warmth, he is willing to give up everything.

The crown prince goes deeper into the river, trying to find the origin of the voice. So deep that he can't breath anymore, he is under the cold water, trying to find the warmth that he lost.

"Lian Tian-a.." a small voice of his mother calls

"Yes mother! Your son is here! I'm here!" The crown prince shouts.

"My son, your head is under the water. You are drowning.." now her voice is getting even quieter.

Bubbles forms from his mouth when he realizes.

"No, no I'm not. Don't go mother!" His voice is shaking and he is out of breath.

"Yes you are, my son.." Her voice is circling him, he doesn't know where to see.

"...."

"That's how you will end up if you live on hatred."

"?"

"My son, just because of a warmth that you are missing, you are running inside a river. You walk to your own funeral."

"Mother.."

"Be kind, like you always be...." her voice went away as she finished her words.

"Don't go! Don't! Mother!!" He helplessly cries and swims to an unknown direction.

-
"Don't!"

The crown prince wakes up.

What Dream was that? He breathes heavily.

"I.. what?"

Keeping her safe and happy, is now his first priority.

Doesn't get her love doesn't mean he will stop loving her.

Thank you for reading! Have a nice day!