12- Is It a Prince or a Princess

When the empress left, Bai Lu enters the room. He shows the emperor a stroll. The emperor personally asks him to build a cottage far from the city surrounded by mountains. Like a country life, something that Bai Lu never expect from the emperor.

"The cottage is now about 70%, it will be done by the next full moon."

"Great.. make sure to place someone there, to clean the place."

"Zhi."

"How about the tunnel?"

"From here to the cottage is very far away, even if the empress goes there with a horse, it will still take some time."

"And?"

"So we decided to make some posts along the way. We will make a post every 5km."

"Thats a good idea, you are dismissed."

"Zhi." Feeling sorry for the emperor, Bai Lu continues."Nubi thinks that your majesty must show his love to the empress. There's no need for the emperor to hide his feelings."

".."

"All these years, all this things that you do.. why don't you let the empress know? The empress is also hurt if your majesty act this way.. she doesn't deserve to be treated this way. Nubi hopes your majesty would think about it."

_________

The emperor really does think about it. Not only after Bai Lu told him but he thinks about it a lot. The problem is that he knows that Lian Kingdom is full of vicious people, he can't just simply do whatever he wants and let empress's life in danger.

But maybe, a little love won't hurt.

That morning the emperor presented his idea and the court agreed. It was quite fast for a morning assembly but isn't it's better?

The emperor and the empress leave first, when nobody's around the emperor feels the eager to ask. He clenches his fist and takes a deep breath. It feels like expressing his love to his first crush. Finally he clears his throat and asks,

"Empress, do you mind having a cup of tea with this emperor?" The emperor thinks that having a chitchat with her will make his heart feels better.

The empress stops walking and face the emperor. He could feel the awkwardness in the air. The empress looks at her feet and says,

"Why?"

Why not?! That's what the emperor wants to say. It's just a cup of tea!

The reply may seems normal, but the emperor could sense her hesitation. That blurry answer, is a rejection.

She is the only one in the entire kingdom who could question the emperor, and get away with it.

"Your majesty! Your majesty!"Bai Lu walk fast to the emperor. Followed by Mumu. "Consort Hua is in labor!"

As the empress, she must welcome the new born baby. She dismissed herself from the emperor.

_

"Prepare my clothes."

"Zhi"

After the empress dresses, she goes to Hua Yang palace, Consort Hua's palace.

A grand celebration with lots and lots of presents piled up. It is a big palace but not everyone is allowed to get in.

When the empress arrived, the other Consorts are already there. Waiting patiently for the announcement. And also to congratulate Consort Hua.

"The empress and Consorts are allowed to meet Consort Hua."

Her condition is not good. Consort Hua seems to be so tired, more than she supposed to. Her eye bags indicate that she hasn't sleep. After a short session, the empress left.

_______

"Your majesty, just a little more!"

"Aargh.." Consort Hua screamed.

"We could see the head! Push more!" Imperial doctors instruct .

"Aargh.."

The baby cries when it's finally born.

"Congratulations your majesty, she is healthy." The doctor says after checking the baby.

"What?! She?"

"Yes, your majesty give birth to a princess."

"No! It shouldn't be a girl! No!" Consort Hua frustrated. She screams even though she's out of breath.

"There must be something wrong! My child shouldn't be a girl!"

-
At the Phoenix palace.

"Mumu, what gift is appropriate for Consort Hua?" The empress asks as she take off her robe.

"Hearing from your majesty, I think herbal tea is the best."

"Send it to her then."

"Zhi."

The empress doesn't go to the Dragon palace because today is a very joyful day, and she doesn't want to ruin the moment by talking about politics.

She walks to her study and start writing. Not long after, Mumu enters.

"Your majesty"

"Hm?" She says without moving her eyes from her work.

"This servant get this herbal tea for Consort Hua, what does your majesty think?"

Mumu handed her the tea, it was sure high quality. The empress could even smell ginseng which is very treasured.

"Hm.. good, put it in a ebony box. Then send it."

"Zhi."

_
The next morning, the emperor visited consort Hua. He doesn't have anything to say. Of course he is happy because he has another child.

The emperor is just stressed. Until it hurts his head. His heart also doesn't help.

Is being an emperor means to have no peaceful life? Because that's just his.

He send Consort Hua lots of gold and jewels. Hoping that's she will be happy.

"May the emperor name the child."

The emperor looks at the newborn princess

"Zhang Xin." He says. Her name means new happiness that she will bring.

"Thank you your majesty." Consort Hua bows at him.

"We will present her by the next full moon."

"Zhi."

The emperor excuses himself. He is secretly happy it is a princess, because- you know.

Hello dear readers, thank you for your support! It really makes my day :) anyway, I'm posting a little early today because I have national exams tomorrow.. please wish me luck!

Ps: please follow me if you'd like ;)