Chapter 22

A/N: Uh I forgot until now to put in the bio that this story doesn't exactly follow the show's storyline or the manga. That's why it's called fanFIC. So yeah.

.

As each slow ball shot through towards me, Yukio helped me to aim his gun and pound out another bullet at it. I watched the gun as it shot- it kicked back to the left towards my shoulder- which meant I had to aim slightly down more. I didn't have to shoot as soon as I did with my own, there was less of a delay in the shot.

Bang!

Pow!

"You have completed basic Beginner Mode."

"Oi, Chicken!"

Yukio lept back. I whipped my head around, looking at where the voice came from. A woman with fiery pink hair sauntered up to him, staying outside the cage. Not to be rude to her, but she looked like a hooker. She wore a red bralette over her massive breasts and had short denim booty shorts over fishnet stockings. The only reason I knew for sure she was an exorcist was the red tattoo that ran from her sternum down and around her stomach.

Yukio sighed, obviously tensing up. "Please give me a moment, Katai," he said politely as he left the training cage. Unsure of what to do, I followed, making sure to keep distance between us. I leaned against the door of the cage as he approached the woman silently.

"Who's this," she asked casually with kissy lips.

"One of my students," Yukio explained briefly. I hadn't heard such tension in his voice before. "She requested private instruction in preparation for her Dragoon Meis-"

"Yeah, yeah," she brushed him off, "She's the Exwire, huh? Well, I have more important things to talk about," she brushed her eyes up and down me as her face became more serious and her voice became lower. "So if you wouldn't mind."

Yukio sighed. "Katai, would you mind if I walked you home?"

"Uh, th-that's fine," I nodded.

I kept my head down, avoiding eye contact with the woman as I began following an unusually silent Yukio.

Yukio Okumura's Point Of View:

Her smaller frame tensed slightly with each new kickback, and I helped Akilina to stay in place as she focused on her aim, assisting her how to aim the gun with its different kickback angle. I could notice her slowly getting more comfortable with the foreign gun with each fire. As I looked down and around, I could see the profile-angle of her face as dark strands of hair fell to frame her angled jawline. Her face was softly contorted in concentration as she stared down the metal wall.

I felt adrenaline pumping through my veins. I felt shaky and almost weak- yet I shouldn't. I had taught students about shooting before, I had plenty of experience in both the firearms field and the teaching field, I should not have been scared. But excitement and fear both ran through me together at the same time.

"Oi, Chicken!"

I jumped back instinctively at the familiar voice. As the busty woman emerged from the doorway, I pushed my glasses up with a trembling hand. She swayed her hips in her usual fashion with her lips puckered, as usual, which seemed to just irritate me more.

She's never going to let this go.

I could already hear her voice in my head, teasing me about coming in contact with another person- a student of mine, nonetheless.

"Please give me a moment, Katai," I requested gently, making a slightly failed attempt at remaining professional. Akilina slowly followed far behind me as I left the training cage.

"Who's this?" Shura had a knowing look in her eyes, but kept her cool- which made me even more annoyed at her.

"One of my students. She requested private instruction in preparation for her Dragoon Meis-"

"Yeah, yeah," she interrupted, "She's the Exwire, huh? Well, I have more important things to talk about," she brushed her eyes up and down me as her face became more serious and her voice became lower. "So if you wouldn't mind."

I sighed, biting down on my back teeth and pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose again. I turned to the girl again, her dark brown hair a little messy and shaken from being moved around and rubbed against during shooting. She had an anxious and confused look on her face, and still held one of my guns in her hand. "Katai, would you mind if I walked you home?"

"Uh, th-that's fine," she nodded.

I started off out of the training dormitory, hearing her small footsteps follow. I made sure to refrain from conversation until I was way down the hall from the training dorm- Shura would already give me bullshit for this, I didn't need another reason for her to tease me. Akilina seemed to notice I wasn't willing to talk with Shura around, so I gave her the signal it was okay by starting off the conversation. "Sorry about that," I gave the other student a small awkward smile, feeling my face heat up.

"It's okay," she replied quietly. "Is that a coworker or something?"

"Kind of," I admitted, staring down for a moment before I decided I could trust her enough with the truth. "I've known her for years, my father knew her. Now she's been hired by the Vatican to watch over me and my brother, although Rin has yet to meet her."

"Oh, sorry," Akilina stared down at the bridge as we walked.

"Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. She probably just wants to talk about my brother.... Or me. Perhaps we've been assigned something by the Vatican."

Akilina nodded, running her pale hand through her hair as it brushed across her shoulders. "So is she like an ex or something?"

"What?" My face turned bright red, and I stopped walking. I shook my head. "Of course not, oh God. Why would you think that?"

Akilina gave a small smile. "Sorry, just the way you seem to hate her so much."

I continued walking, my bright red face now starting to cool down. "No, of course not. First of all, she is nearly ten years my seniour. Second, I just don't happen to be fond of her," I admitted to the other student, "She has all this talent..." I added in a mumble, "Yet she never seems to do anything about it. She just doesn't care. And she calls me Four-Eyed Chicken."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Akilina replied sympathetically.

I gave the girl another small smile as we reached her dorm building, pushing up my glasses. "It happens. Will you be okay on your own tonight?"

Akilina nodded. "Of course. Thank you so much for helping me out, Yukio, I really appreciate it."

"Of course, I'm happy to help. I personally think we should turn this into a regular thing, perhaps weekly?"

"That sounds great!"

"Okay, I have to go, but I will text you about details tomorrow once I can."