Chapter 66

Once again, I spent the night at Yukio's dorm building. We both fell asleep on one of the many couches, just until my phone alarm buzzed at the ripe time of too-early-A.M.

While getting dressed, Yukio and I got texts at the same time. My forehead creased when I stared at my phone screen.

Classes for all True Cross Academy Students have been cancelled. Students are advised to stay indoors with the company of their peers.

 "Why are we supposed to stay inside?" I stared up at Yukio, but he wasn't paying attention. He was glaring at his phone like it had insulted him. "Yukio?"

The boy's glasses shined as he finally turned his head up. His brows were still angled down in some mix of anger and confusion. "Neuhaus has been arrested."

"Arrested?" I echoed. "Wait, this isn't about yesterday, is it? He can't be arrested for being a jackass, can he?" 

Yukio's jaw went tense again. "Something tells me it's bigger than that. Stay in here with Rin, for now."

"You know I'm qualified to come with you, right?" I crossed my arms over my chest. Yukio only continued to put his jacket on and grab his bag.

"But they didn't call you in. You probably weren't even supposed to be told, so you can't go help. I was specifically asked to come in. Rin will need someone to watch and make sure he doesn't leave, either, anyway."

"Babysitting, great. Thanks," I rolled my eyes a little.

"Hey," Yukio paused what he was doing. "I'd let you go if it was my choice, but it's not," he left a small kiss on the side of my face. "I've got to go. Don't tell Rin anything."

"Don't tell me what?"

Yukio's shoulders huffed as he turned. Rin stood wagging his tail in the doorway, Kuro on his shoulder. He gave a sharp smile at us. "Hey! Heard class was cancelled. How about a trip to the city?"

"You were also told to stay inside," Yukio deadpanned. He grabbed his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and began making his way through the door. "Do not go anywhere."

"Hey, why are you allowed to leave?" Rin's voice raised a little higher.

"A job. Just stay put with Akilina." Then, Yukio left.

"Man, that's bullshit. They probably just want us to stay in 'cause it's cold or something. But of course Mister Yukio Okumura can wander around all he likes," Rin waved his hands dramatically.

I bit don hard for a moment. "Neuhaus was arrested," I finally decided to tell him. 

Rin's face fell. "What!"

I crossed my arms again. "We can't go anywhere. We don't know where Yukio is going, and he'll know if we follow him. We have to wait."

"Why the hell was that bastard arrested?" 

"Fuck if I know, but it's gotta be something that hurts us all if they cancelled class. We should call the others, get them on board."

"No! Not all of them," Rin growled a little. "Kamiki will probably rat us out to Yukio. Just Shiemi for now."

I nodded. "Best to keep Shima out, too then. Him and his group because they'll tell him and he'll tell Kamiki."

Rin nodded. "I'll call Shiemi." 

Rin left the room, and I pulled my sweatpants off. I put back on a pair of black pants, tucked my shirt in, and listened from down the hall.

"Yeah.... Well, we'll let you know...... Yeah..... Tell us if anything happens."

There was a little sigh from Rin as he trudged back over, phone in his pocket. I shook my head at him. "We can't do anything else, not yet. I can try to get Yukio to give me updates, but that's it."

"Yeah."

I nodded, and Rin disappeared down the hall, assumably to his own room. I opened up a text to Yukio, and prayed it wasn't too suspicious.

Stay safe out there, we have no idea what's going on. Please keep me updated :)

I never received a text back, and Rin and I could only wait to see what happened.

.

A/N: I know this is a short update, but I just wanted to publish something here so I could get the ball rolling :) I'll be closing out this book soon to smoke a much better written sequel :)