Chapter 45

I began falling asleep against Yukio, his slowly rising chest and steady heartbeat calming me into sleep. I felt my breath coming in short inhales and exhales, nearly matching each rise and fall of Yukio's chest. 

"You need to get to bed," Yukio declared softly.

I gave a small tired hum, not wanting to get up. I could feel Yukio's chest shake again as he chuckled, sitting up. "You need all the sleep you can get, Minette, and sleeping on the couch is not going to help that."

I hummed again as I fell off Yukio's lap, even as he tried to catch me. The boy let out a quiet open laugh as I stumbled back in spite of his attempt to hold onto me. "I'm helping you with training for your Exorcist Authorization Exam tomorrow, as is Tsubaki. You need to be up early, I know you are used to little sleep, but come on."

I nodded. "When's the Exam?" I asked groggily, trying to open my mouth enough to speak as Yukio led me down the hallway with one arm around my chest to help me stay up as I slowly came out of a half-asleep state.

"It's still being scheduled, most likely in the next few weeks, so you will want to study even harder than you already have been. I'm sure you'll make it."

"I have to be in class tomorrow," I realized tiredly to the other student.

"You have been excused by the Headmaster, and he is doing the same for me. You will be missing most of the day, according to Tsubaki, he's given ExWires training for their Exams before. I have not."

I gave a small hum, my body beginning to shut down again. Yukio helped me into his room to fall onto the bed, and I felt his warm hands helping me up with a small chuckle as he wrapped one arm around my shoulders.

A small tired laugh came out of my mouth, and I began cuddling against the boy again. His warm body transferred more heat to me, even after he pulled a blanket over both of us. My eyes opened slightly to look up at Yukio as he removed his glasses from his pale face, putting them on the small end table by his bed on top of his books. He gazed back down at me as I curled tighter against his warm side, giving me a soft smile. 

Yukio's dark hair fell slightly in front of his face as he leaned his down only slightly to be able to begin closing the gap between us, the sides of our noses brushing against each other before I tilted my head up more to press my lips against his again. My eyes slowly fell to close as our lips pressed against each other, and I felt a warm wave of comforting security with Yukio.

When I slowly pulled away, still close to Yukio's face with my head just under his shoulder, the pale boy had a slight pink tint across his face with a gentle smile. I gave a small light laugh, making my face turn pink, too.

Yukio chuckled and rested his hand in my hair, fingers running through the dark strand slowly as I began to fall asleep against his side again, and I felt the other student's breathing slow down to fall asleep with me.

.

A/N: quite literally just a short filler chapter with no purpose other than to update for the sake of updating and to get Randall off my dick for not updating lmao