Chapter 48

A/N: uhhh yeah cringey NSFW warning

Yukio insisted I rest for the next several days, even after my pain had begun to go away after the third day. The cut on my face was fading and healing well, but not so much for the Magic Circle incision on my arm. It no longer bled or hurt, but the mark was still there, threatening to scar over.

The other Cram School students visited my dorm every once in a while, checking to see how I was doing, asking about how everything happened, and to gush over how I had managed to summon a full-sized jinn as my Familiar. Rin would many times sit on the edge of the bed, chatting and laughing with me for several hours and wagging his tail happily before Yukio kicked him out 'so I could rest and recover.'

"I don't think it will scar," Yukio decided out loud as he re-wrapped the bandage around my arm. "Luckily, it has stopped bleeding entirely and will heal well, slowly. If it does scar, it will be very light."

I nodded. "Thank you," I said softly.

Yukio gazed at me gently with a small smile. "Please never try anything like that again. I know with context, it was the first logical thing to do, but if you do this continuously, then you will lose too much blood. Other Tamers, as you know, generally draw them with permanent ink or carry Magic Circle papers with them."

I nodded, giving the boy a tiny smile. "So, do you know when the test results will be sent back?"

"I have no idea," Yukio admitted as he pushed his glasses up his nose, "Sir Pheles said he would come by your dorm to give you them in a few days, but you can never be too sure with him."

A light laugh sounded from my mouth, and Yukio smiled down at me from where he sat on my mattress. "That's true," I agreed.

"I'm sure that you passed, Minette, but I want you to be careful," Yukio told me, "I know that you can take care of yourself, but don't put yourself in too much danger simply to help others. Keep in mind your own well-being as an exorcist, too."

I nodded, "Of course I will. Can't beat you in the competition if I'm dead, right?"

Yukio chuckled again. "Yes, of course."

I grinned at the other student as he adjusted his glasses again. He looked down at me from where he sat before leaning in to me, gently pressing his lips to mine. My eyes slowly fell shut as I leaned back against him, feeling the heat from his body radiate onto me as we gently kissed.

Only a few seconds later, we pulled away, and I slowly opened my eyes to look at Yukio. He gave me abother gentle smile before we closed the gap between us again, and I felt a warm comfortable feeling wash over me.

Our kissing soon became another slowly-intensifying make-out session, our lips moving and pressing against each other more and more. I felt safe and warm with Yukio, and he gently pulled me closer to him as we still sat on my mattress blankets.

I became tired of the space between us, and it seemed as if Yukio did, too. Without breaking our touch, I pulled closer to him until I was eventually sitting on his lap again, and the boy held his arms around my torso in a slight hug as we pressed our lips together repeatedly. I could still feel that rush of warm security with him, along with excited sparks rushing through my chest. 

Yukio smiled against my lips, pulling me closer to him. I had to pull back for a short moment to catch my breath, then kissed Yukio again before letting my lips press against his sharp jawline, my teeth gently running across his pale skin. I could feel Yukio's breath quicken only slightly and his hands slowly moved up my back over my t-shirt.

The boy turned his head to press his lips against mine again, this time with more fervor. I could feel his heartbeat beginning to pick up as my hands rested on his chest over his shirt, and the soft pounding on my chest told me the same- but I wasn't terrified like before. I just wanted more of whatever the hell he was doing to me.